- Asmarats L, Masson J, Pagnotta P, Cook S, Foresti M, Ibrahim R, et al. Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Closure With the Ultraseal Device: Insights From the Initial Multicenter Experience. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018;11:1932-1941 pubmed publisher..Larger studies are further warranted to confirm the long-term safety and efficacy of this novel device. ..
- Nombela Franco L, Barbosa Ribeiro H, Allende R, Urena M, Doyle D, Dumont E, et al. Role of balloon postdilation following trancatheter aortic valve implantation. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2013;61:499-512 pubmed..The aim of this review is to discuss the current available literature on balloon postdilation as a treatment of paravalvular AR after TAVI, its impact on clinical events and future perspectives. ..
- Rodriguez Gabella T, Nombela Franco L, Auffret V, Asmarats L, Islas F, Maes F, et al. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation in Patients With Paradoxical Low-Flow, Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis. Am J Cardiol. 2018;122:625-632 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TAVI was a futile treatment in one fourth of patients with PLF-LG-AS. These results underscore the complexity and need for improving the clinical decision-making process and management of patients with PLF-LG-AS. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Urena M, Nombela Franco L, Amat Santos I, Kleiman N, Muñoz García A, et al. Arrhythmic Burden as Determined by Ambulatory Continuous Cardiac Monitoring in Patients With New-Onset Persistent Left Bundle Branch Block Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: The MARE Study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018;11:1495-1505 pubmed publisher
- DeLarochelliÃ¨re H, Urena M, Amat Santos I, Ribeiro H, Allende R, Laflamme L, et al. Effect on outcomes and exercise performance of anemia in patients with aortic stenosis who underwent transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Am J Cardiol. 2015;115:472-9 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of implementing appropriate measures for the diagnosis and treatment of this frequent co-morbidity to improve both the accuracy of preprocedural evaluation and outcomes of TAVR candidates. ..
- Amat Santos I, Messika Zeitoun D, Eltchaninoff H, Kapadia S, Lerakis S, Cheema A, et al. Infective endocarditis after transcatheter aortic valve implantation: results from a large multicenter registry. Circulation. 2015;131:1566-74 pubmed publisher..Although most patients presented at least 1 complication of IE, valve intervention was performed in a minority of patients, and nearly half of the patients died during the hospitalization period. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Gutierrez M, Bagur R, De Larochelliere R, Doyle D, Côté M, et al. Incidence, predictive factors, and prognostic value of myocardial injury following uncomplicated transcatheter aortic valve implantation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:1988-99 pubmed publisher..A greater degree of myocardial injury was associated with less improvement in LVEF and a higher cardiac mortality at follow-up. ..
- Allende R, Urena M, Cordoba J, Ribeiro H, Amat Santos I, DeLarochelliÃ¨re R, et al. Impact of the use of transradial versus transfemoral approach as secondary access in transcatheter aortic valve implantation procedures. Am J Cardiol. 2014;114:1729-34 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the impact of secondary access vascular complications in TAVI procedures and support the use of the RA as the preferred secondary access. ..
- Maes F, Stabile E, Ussia G, Tamburino C, Pucciarelli A, Masson J, et al. Meta-Analysis Comparing Single Versus Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2018;122:310-315 pubmed publisher..These results do not support the current recommendation of DAPT as antithrombotic therapy after TAVI. ..
- Regueiro A, Cruz Gonzalez I, Bethencourt A, Nombela Franco L, Champagne J, Asmarats L, et al. Long-term outcomes following percutaneous left atrial appendage closure in patients with atrial fibrillation and contraindications to anticoagulation. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2018;52:53-59 pubmed publisher..However, a high long-term mortality rate was observed in this high-risk population. Comprehensive patient assessment prior to undergoing LAA closure should identify patients in whose comorbidities limit their overall prognosis. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Champagne J, Bernier M. Transcatheter closure of the left atrial appendage: initial experience with the Amplatzer cardiac plug device. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;76:186-92 pubmed publisher..The characteristics of the device and the main technical aspects of the procedure, as well as the potential advantages of this device for LAA closure, are discussed. ..
- Ribeiro H, Lerakis S, Gilard M, Cavalcante J, Makkar R, Herrmann H, et al. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With Low-Flow, Low-Gradient AorticÂ Stenosis: The TOPAS-TAVI Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018;71:1297-1308 pubmed publisher..LVEF improved following TAVR, but DSE failed to predict clinical outcomes or LVEF changes over time. (Multicenter Prospective Study of Low-Flow Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis [TOPAS Study]; NCT01835028). ..
- Laflamme J, Puri R, Urena M, Laflamme L, DeLarochelliÃ¨re H, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, et al. Incidence and risk factors of hemolysis after transcatheter aortic valve implantation with a balloon-expandable valve. Am J Cardiol. 2015;115:1574-9 pubmed publisher..These hematologic and biomechanical findings may have long-term clinical implications and could affect future transcatheter aortic valve design. ..
- Jerez Valero M, Urena M, Webb J, Tamburino C, Muñoz García A, Cheema A, et al. Clinical impact of aortic regurgitationÂ after transcatheter aorticÂ valve replacement: insights into the degree and acuteness of presentation. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014;7:1022-32 pubmed publisher..50). AR occurred very frequently after TAVR, but an increased risk of mortality at âˆ¼2-year follow-up was observed only in patients with acute moderate to severe AR. ..
- CÃ³rdoba Soriano J, Puri R, Amat Santos I, Ribeiro H, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Del Trigo M, et al. Valve thrombosis following transcatheter aortic valve implantation: a systematic review. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:198-204 pubmed publisher..While direct thrombus visualization appears difficult, prompt initiation of oral anticoagulation therapy effectively restores baseline valve function. ..
- Urena M, Hayek S, Cheema A, Serra V, Amat Santos I, Nombela Franco L, et al. Arrhythmia burden in elderly patients with severe aortic stenosis as determined by continuous electrocardiographic recording: toward a better understanding of arrhythmic events after transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Circulation. 2015;131:469-77 pubmed publisher..This high arrhythmia burden highlights the importance of an early diagnosis of arrhythmic events in such patients to implement the appropriate therapeutic measures earlier. ..
- RodÃ©s Cabau J, Kahlert P, Neumann F, Schymik G, Webb J, Amarenco P, et al. Feasibility and exploratory efficacy evaluation of the Embrella Embolic Deflector system for the prevention of cerebral emboli in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement: the PROTAVI-C pilot study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014;7:1146-55 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to determine the efficacy of using the EED system during TAVR procedures. ..
- RodÃ©s Cabau J, Pibarot P, Suri R, Kodali S, Thourani V, Szeto W, et al. Impact of aortic annulus size on valve hemodynamics and clinical outcomes after transcatheter and surgical aortic valve replacement: insights from the PARTNER Trial. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2014;7:701-11 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of considering aortic annulus size in the evaluation of high-risk patients who are candidates for aortic valve replacement. http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00530894. ..
- Asmarats L, Bernier M, O Hara G, Paradis J, O CONNOR K, Beaudoin J, et al. Hemodynamic impact of percutaneous left atrial appendage closure in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2018;53:151-157 pubmed publisher..22) or left ventricular stroke volume (r = 0.28, p = 0.33). The LAA accounts for about 10% of the total LA volume, but percutaneous LAA closure did not translate into any significant changes in LA and left ventricular function. ..
- Asmarats L, Puri R, Latib A, Navia J, Rodes Cabau J. Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Interventions: Landscape, Challenges, and Future Directions. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018;71:2935-2956 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to provide an updated overview and a clinical perspective on novel transcatheter tricuspid valve therapies, highlighting potential challenges and future directions. ..
- Ribeiro H, Dahou A, Urena M, Carrasco J, Mohammadi S, Doyle D, et al. Myocardial Injury After Transaortic VersusÂ Transapical Transcatheter Aortic ValveÂ Replacement. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015;99:2001-9 pubmed publisher..A higher degree of myocardial injury translated into reduced left ventricular function improvement and lower early and midterm survival rates. ..
- Amat Santos I, Ribeiro H, Urena M, Allende R, Houde C, BÃ©dard E, et al. Prosthetic valve endocarditis after transcatheter valve replacement: a systematic review. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8:334-346 pubmed publisher..Most TPVR-PVE patients were managed surgically as opposed to TAVR patients, and the mortality rate was high, especially in the TAVR cohort. ..
- Allende R, Doyle D, Urena M, Ribeiro H, Amat Santos I, Bernier M, et al. Transcatheter mitral "valve-in-ring" implantation: a word of caution. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015;99:1439-42 pubmed publisher..We present a case of failed TMViRI in a dysfunctional mitral homograft. The potential factors leading to procedural failure are discussed. ..
- Urena M, Webb J, Eltchaninoff H, MuÃ±oz GarcÃa A, Bouleti C, Tamburino C, et al. Late cardiac death in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement: incidence and predictors of advanced heart failure and sudden cardiac death. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;65:437-48 pubmed publisher..Potentially modifiable or treatable factors leading to increased risk of mortality for HF and SCD were identified. Future studies should determine whether targeting these factors decreases the risk of cardiac death. ..
- Mok M, Allende R, Leipsic J, Altisent O, Del Trigo M, Campelo Parada F, et al. Prognostic Value of Fat Mass and Skeletal Muscle Mass Determined by Computed Tomography in Patients Who Underwent Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2016;117:828-33 pubmed publisher..02 to 2.36, p = 0.04). In conclusion, body composition analysis from pre-TAVI CT is feasible. Sarcopenia, obesity, and sarcopenic obesity are prevalent in the TAVI population, with sarcopenia predictive of cumulative mortality. ..
- Campelo Parada F, Perlman G, Philippon F, Ye J, Thompson C, BÃ©dard E, et al. First-in-Man Experience of a Novel Transcatheter Repair System for Treating Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:2475-83 pubmed publisher..Improvements in TR severity were documented in all patients, which were accompanied by improvements in peripheral edema and functional status. ..
- Ribeiro H, Orwat S, Hayek S, Larose E, Babaliaros V, Dahou A, et al. Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance to Evaluate Aortic Regurgitation After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68:577-585 pubmed publisher..Worse CMR-quantified AR was associated with increased mortality and poorer clinical outcomes following TAVR. Quantifying AR with CMR may identify patients with AR who could benefit from additional treatment measures. ..
- Auffret V, Campelo Parada F, Regueiro A, Del Trigo M, Chiche O, Chamandi C, et al. Serial Changes in Cognitive Function Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68:2129-2141 pubmed publisher..However, early decline in some complex cognitive functions was observed in one-quarter of TAVR recipients, persisting at 1 year in 10% of patients. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Jolly S, Cairns J, Mansour S, L Allier P, Teefy P, et al. Sealing Intermediate Nonobstructive Coronary Saphenous Vein Graft Lesions With Drug-Eluting Stents as a New Approach to Reducing Cardiac Events: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9: pubmed..27; P=0.26). Sealing intermediate nonobstructive SVG lesions with DES was safe but was not associated with a significant reduction of cardiac events at 3-year follow-up. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01223443. ..
- Del Trigo M, Dahou A, Webb J, Dvir D, Puri R, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, et al. Self-expanding Portico Valve Versus Balloon-expandable SAPIEN XT Valve in Patients With Small Aortic Annuli: Comparison of Hemodynamic Performance. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2016;69:501-8 pubmed publisher..Further prospective studies with longer-term follow-up and in patients with larger aortic annuli are required. ..
- Paradis J, Del Trigo M, Puri R, RodÃ©s Cabau J. Transcatheter Valve-in-Valve and Valve-in-Ring for Treating Aortic and Mitral Surgical Prosthetic Dysfunction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:2019-2037 pubmed publisher..We review the historical perspective of transcatheter valve-in-valve therapy, as well as the main procedural challenges and clinical outcomes associated with this new less invasive treatment option. ..
- Ribeiro H, Nombela Franco L, MuÃ±oz GarcÃa A, Lemos P, Amat Santos I, Serra V, et al. Predictors and impact of myocardial injury after transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a multicenter registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:2075-2088 pubmed publisher..A greater rise in CK-MB levels associated withÂ greater acute and late mortality, imparting a negative impact on left ventricular function. ..
- Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Durand E, Muñoz García A, Nombela Franco L, Cheema A, Kefer J, et al. Warfarin and Antiplatelet Therapy Versus Warfarin Alone for Treating Patients With Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:1706-17 pubmed publisher
- Regueiro A, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Del Trigo M, Campelo Parada F, Puri R, Urena M, et al. Impact of New-Onset Left Bundle Branch Block and Periprocedural Permanent Pacemaker Implantation on Clinical Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:e003635 pubmed publisher..78; 95% CI, 0.60-1.03). New-onset LBBB post-TAVR is a marker of an increased risk of cardiac death and need for PPI at 1-year follow-up. The need for PPI early post-TAVR did not increase the risk of death. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Hahn R, Latib A, Laule M, Lauten A, Maisano F, et al. Transcatheter Therapies for Treating Tricuspid Regurgitation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;67:1829-1845 pubmed publisher..Here we describe currently available transcatheter treatment options for severe TR implanted at different levels: the junction between vena cavae and right atrium; the tricuspid annulus; or between TV leaflets, improving coaptation. ..
- Del Trigo M, Muñoz García A, Wijeysundera H, Nombela Franco L, Cheema A, Gutierrez E, et al. Incidence, Timing, and Predictors of Valve Hemodynamic Deterioration After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Multicenter Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;67:644-655 pubmed publisher..Further prospective studies are required to determine whether a specific antithrombotic therapy post-TAVR may reduce the risk of VHD. ..
- Puri R, Altisent O, Campelo Parada F, Del Trigo M, Regueiro A, Rodes Cabau J. Balancing the Risks of Thrombosis and Bleeding Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation: Current State-of-Evidence. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22:1904-10 pubmed
- Campelo Parada F, Regueiro A, Dumont E, Delarochelliere R, Paradis J, Mohammadi S, et al. Embolic protection in patients undergoing transaortic transcatheter aortic valve replacement: initial experience with the TriGuard HDH embolic deflection device. J Card Surg. 2016;31:617-622 pubmed publisher..This study shows the safety and feasibility of using the TriGuard HDH embolic protection device in transaortic TAVR. Further studies are warranted to determine the efficacy of embolic protection in this population. ..
- Auffret V, Regueiro A, Del Trigo M, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Campelo Parada F, Chiche O, et al. Predictors of Early Cerebrovascular Events in Patients With Aortic Stenosis Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68:673-84 pubmed publisher..This study provides effect estimates to identify high-risk TAVR patients for early CVE, providing possible guidance for tailored preventive strategies. ..
- Nombela Franco L, Del Trigo M, Morrison Polo G, Veiga G, Jimenez Quevedo P, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, et al. Incidence, Causes, and Predictors of EarlyÂ (â‰¤30 Days) and Late Unplanned Hospital Readmissions After TranscatheterÂ Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8:1748-57 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of and provide the basis for implementing specific preventive measures to reduce readmission rates after TAVR. ..
- Del Trigo M, Bergeron S, Bernier M, Amat Santos I, Puri R, Campelo Parada F, et al. Unidirectional left-to-right interatrial shunting for treatment of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: a safety and proof-of-principle cohort study. Lancet. 2016;387:1290-7 pubmed publisher..Further large-scale randomised studies are warranted. V-Wave. ..
- ..This system anchors a Spacer to reduce the regurgitant orifice area, thereby providing a surface for valve leaflet coaptation. This article provides an overview of the FORMA Repair System to date...
- Regueiro A, Granada J, Dagenais F, Rodes Cabau J. Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement: Insights From Early Clinical Experience and Future Challenges. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2175-2192 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the main challenges in and future perspectives on this emerging field. Future studies with a much larger number of patients are needed to provide consistent safety and efficacy data on each of the TMVR systems. ..
- Haas N, Carere R, Kretschmar O, Horlick E, Rodes Cabau J, De Wolf D, et al. Early outcomes of percutaneous pulmonary valve implantation using the Edwards SAPIEN XT transcatheter heart valve system. Int J Cardiol. 2018;250:86-91 pubmed publisher..Continued data collection is necessary to verify long-term findings. CLINICALTRIALS. NCT02302131. ..
- Auffret V, Puri R, Urena M, Chamandi C, Rodriguez Gabella T, Philippon F, et al. Conduction Disturbances After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Current Status and Future Perspectives. Circulation. 2017;136:1049-1069 pubmed publisher..In this article, we review the available evidence on the incidence, predictive factors, and clinical association of conduction disturbances after TAVR and propose a strategy for the management of these complications. ..
- Regueiro A, Ye J, Fam N, Bapat V, Dagenais F, Peterson M, et al. 2-Year Outcomes After Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:1671-1678 pubmed publisher..TMVR with the FORTIS valve was feasible. MR reduction after TMVR was maintained at 2-year follow-up and no late device-related events were observed. ..
- Rodriguez Gabella T, Voisine P, Puri R, Pibarot P, Rodes Cabau J. Aortic Bioprosthetic Valve Durability: Incidence, Mechanisms, Predictors, and Management of Surgical and Transcatheter Valve Degeneration. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1013-1028 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we provide an overview of bioprosthetic valve durability, focusing on the definition, incidence, mechanisms, predictive factors, and management of structural degeneration of aortic bioprostheses. ..
- Auffret V, Webb J, Eltchaninoff H, Muñoz García A, Himbert D, Tamburino C, et al. Clinical Impact of Baseline Right Bundle Branch Block in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:1564-1574 pubmed publisher..Future studies should evaluate strategies aimed at the early detection of patients at risk for late development of high-degree atrioventricular block. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Dauerman H, Cohen M, Mehran R, Small E, Smyth S, et al. Antithrombotic treatment in transcatheter aortic valve implantation: insights for cerebrovascular and bleeding events. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:2349-2359 pubmed publisher..Randomized trials are the best path forward to determine the balance between the efficacy and risks of antithrombotic treatment in this high risk-population. ..
- Nombela Franco L, Rodes Cabau J, Delarochelliere R, Larose E, Doyle D, Villeneuve J, et al. Predictive factors, efficacy, and safety of balloon post-dilation after transcatheter aortic valve implantation with a balloon-expandable valve. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2012;5:499-512 pubmed publisher..BPD was not associated with any deleterious effect on valve function at mid-term follow-up, but a higher rate of cerebrovascular events was observed in patients who had BPD. ..
- Asmarats L, Puri R, Rodes Cabau J. Transcatheter treatment of functional tricuspid regurgitation: preliminary experiences. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2017;65:504-515 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe the main features of and clinical results associated with such devices, and describe the ongoing and future studies in the field. ..
- Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Dumont E, Dagenais F, SÃ©nÃ©chal M, Bernier M, O CONNOR K, et al. Initial Experience of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement With a Novel Transcatheter Mitral Valve: Procedural and 6-Month Follow-Up Results. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:1011-9 pubmed publisher..Optimal valve functional results were obtained acutely and were sustained at 6-month follow-up in all patients. Further studies with a larger number of patients and longer follow-up are warranted. ..
- Urena M, Rodes Cabau J, Freixa X, Saw J, Webb J, Freeman M, et al. Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure with the AMPLATZER cardiac plug device in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation and contraindications to anticoagulation therapy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:96-102 pubmed publisher..No cases of severe residual leak or device thrombosis were observed at the 6-month follow-up. ..
- Chamandi C, Puri R, Rodriguez Gabella T, Rodes Cabau J. Latest-Generation Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Devices and Procedures. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1082-1090 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the main characteristics of, and clinical results associated with, the newer-generation THVs while providing an overview of novel TAVR indications. ..
- Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Puri R, Regueiro A, Chamandi C, Rodriguez Gabella T, Del Trigo M, et al. Predictors and Association With Clinical Outcomes of the Changes in Exercise Capacity After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Circulation. 2017;136:632-643 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that systematically implementing exercise capacity assessment pre- and post-TAVR may help to improve patient risk stratification. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, O Hara G, Paradis J, Bernier M, Rodriguez Gabella T, Regueiro A, et al. Changes in Coagulation and Platelet Activation Markers Following Transcatheter Left Atrial Appendage Closure. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:87-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, transcatheter LAAC is associated with significant activation of the coagulation system, yet without evidence of significant platelet activation. ..
- Cerrato E, Nombela Franco L, Nazif T, Eltchaninoff H, Søndergaard L, Ribeiro H, et al. Evaluation of current practices in transcatheter aortic valve implantation: The WRITTEN (WoRldwIde TAVI ExperieNce) survey. Int J Cardiol. 2017;228:640-647 pubmed publisher..This highlights the urgent need for further studies and evidence-based data to guide multiple aspects of the TAVI field. ..
- Auffret V, Becerra Munoz V, Loirat A, Dumont E, Le Breton H, Paradis J, et al. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Versus Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Lower-Surgical-Risk Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1863-1868 pubmed publisher..Future studies should further investigate whether TAVI is associated with reduced respiratory complications, comparing transfemoral TAVI recipients treated with local anesthesia with their SAVR counterparts. ..
- Rodes Cabau J, Masson J, Welsh R, Garcia Del Blanco B, Pelletier M, Webb J, et al. Aspirin Versus Aspirin Plus Clopidogrel as Antithrombotic Treatment Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement With a Balloon-Expandable Valve: The ARTE (Aspirin Versus Aspirin + Clopidogrel Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) Ra. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:1357-1365 pubmed publisher..Aspirin Versus Aspirin + Clopidogrel Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation: The ARTE Trial [ARTE], NCT01559298; Aspirin Versus Aspirin+Clopidogrel as Antithrombotic Treatment Following TAVI [ARTE], NCT02640794). ..