- Prevalence, family history, and prevention of reported osteoporosis in U.S. womenJulie Robitaille
CDC, The National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:47-54. 2008..S. women, examine whether osteoporosis risk factors account for this relationship, and evaluate the likelihood that women at high risk of osteoporosis due to family history report preventive behaviors...
- Does the MTHFR 677C-->T variant affect the Recommended Dietary Allowance for folate in the US population?Julie Robitaille
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:1269-73. 2009..The effect of this variant on the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for folate is unclear...
- A survey of genes differentially expressed in subcutaneous and visceral adipose tissue in menMarie Claude Vohl
Lipid Research Center, 2705 Laurier Blvd TR 93, Quebec City, PQ, Canada G1V 4G2
Obes Res 12:1217-22. 2004....
- Maternal nutrient intake and risks for transverse and longitudinal limb deficiencies: data from the National Birth Defects Prevention Study, 1997-2003Julie Robitaille
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:773-9. 2009....
- Association between the PPARalpha-L162V polymorphism and components of the metabolic syndromeJulie Robitaille
Lipid Research Center, CHUQ CHUL Pavilion, 2705 Laurier Blvd, TR 93, G1V 4G2, Ste Foy, QC, Canada
J Hum Genet 49:482-9. 2004..05). In conclusion, the PPARalpha-L162V polymorphism alone or in interaction with dietary fat intake is associated with components of the metabolic syndrome...
- Effect of an oat bran-rich supplement on the metabolic profile of overweight premenopausal womenJulie Robitaille
Lipid Research Center, CHUQ-CHUL Pavilion, Ste-Foy, Quebec, Canada
Ann Nutr Metab 49:141-8. 2005..Integration of these foods as part of a healthy diet may, therefore, improve the cardiovascular risk profile of women...
- Variants within the muscle and liver isoforms of the carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (CPT1) gene interact with fat intake to modulate indices of obesity in French-CanadiansJulie Robitaille
Lipid Research Center, CHUQ CHUL, 2705 Laurier Blvd, TR 93, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:129-37. 2007..In conclusion, this finding suggests that indices of obesity might be modulated by an interaction between CPT1 variants and fat intake...
- The lipoprotein/lipid profile is modulated by a gene-diet interaction effect between polymorphisms in the liver X receptor-alpha and dietary cholesterol intake in French-CanadiansJulie Robitaille
Lipid Research Center, CHUQ CHUL, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Br J Nutr 97:11-8. 2007..Similar results were observed for c.-840C>A and c.-1830T>C. These results suggest that cholesterol intake interacts with LXRalpha variants to modulate the plasma lipid profile...