M O Poulter
Affiliation: Robarts Research Institute
- Altered Organization of GABA(A) Receptor mRNA Expression in the Depressed Suicide BrainMichael O Poulter
Molecular Brain Research Group, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario London, Ontario, Canada
Front Mol Neurosci 3:3. 2010....
- Molecular pathway reconstruction and analysis of disturbed gene expression in depressed individuals who died by suicideVladimir Zhurov
Molecular Brain Research Group, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e47581. 2012..These data suggest that among depressed individuals who died by suicide, wide ranging perturbations of gene expression exist that are critical for normal synaptic connectively, morphology and cell to cell communication...
- Gain control of γ frequency activation by a novel feed forward disinhibitory loop: implications for normal and epileptic neural activityZeinab Birjandian
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario London, ON, Canada
Front Neural Circuits 7:183. 2013..Our observations provide the first evidence of feed forward disinhibition loop that augments excitatory neurotransmission, a mechanism that could play an important role in the development of epileptic seizures. ..
- GABAA receptor promoter hypermethylation in suicide brain: implications for the involvement of epigenetic processesMichael O Poulter
Molecular Brain Research Group, Robarts Research Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 64:645-52. 2008..Epigenetic mechanisms may be involved in the reprogramming of gene expression in response to stressful stimuli. This investigation determined whether epigenetic phenomena might similarly be associated with suicide/depression...
- Plasticity of the GABA(A) receptor subunit cassette in response to stressors in reactive versus resilient miceM O Poulter
Molecular Brain Research Group, Robarts Research Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Neuroscience 165:1039-51. 2010..These findings support the view that analyses involving subunit organization, rather than just differences in absolute levels, may be expedient in assessing GABA(A) functioning in stressor-related psychological disturbances...
- Static, transient and permanent organization of GABA receptor expression in calbindin-positive interneurons in response to amygdala kindled seizuresR Meguro
Neuroscience Research Institute, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Neurochem 91:144-54. 2004..These data indicate that different interneuron populations may selectively reorganize their GABAA subunit expression in response to seizures...
- Transient expression of GABAA receptor subunit mRNAs in the cellular processes of cultured cortical neurons and gliaM O Poulter
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Bldg M 54, Montreal Road Campus, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 69:44-52. 1999..These results suggest that the selective trafficking of GABAA receptor subunit mRNAs during synaptogenesis may be regulated by synapse formation and/or glial-neural communication...