John W D McDonald
Affiliation: Robarts Research Institute
- Methotrexate for induction of remission in refractory Crohn's diseaseJohn W D McDonald
Robarts Clinical Trials, Robarts Research Institute, London, Canada
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD003459. 2012..This systematic review is an update of a previously published Cochrane review...
- Methotrexate in combination with infliximab is no more effective than infliximab alone in patients with Crohn's diseaseBrian G Feagan
Robarts Clinical Trials, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada Department of Medicine, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Gastroenterology 146:681-688.e1. 2014..Methotrexate and infliximab are effective therapies for Crohn's disease (CD). In the combination of maintenance methotrexate-infliximab trial, we evaluated the potential superiority of combination therapy over infliximab alone...
- The role of centralized reading of endoscopy in a randomized controlled trial of mesalamine for ulcerative colitisBrian G Feagan
Robarts Clinical Trials, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 145:149-157.e2. 2013..Interobserver differences in endoscopic assessments contribute to variations in rates of response to placebo in ulcerative colitis (UC) trials. We investigated whether centralized review of images could reduce these variations...
- Treatment of active Crohn's disease with MLN0002, a humanized antibody to the alpha4beta7 integrinBrian G Feagan
Robarts Clinical Trials, Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:1370-7. 2008..This randomized, double-blind, controlled trial assessed the efficacy and safety of MLN0002, a monoclonal antibody targeting the alpha4beta7 integrin, in patients with active Crohn's disease...
- Unfractionated or low molecular weight heparin for induction of remission in ulcerative colitis: a Cochrane inflammatory bowel disease and functional bowel disorders systematic review of randomized trialsNilesh Chande
Gastroenterology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:1979-86. 2011..We aimed to systematically review the efficacy of unfractionated heparin (UFH) or low molecular weight heparins (LMWH) for remission induction in patients with ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Interventions for treating microscopic colitis: a Cochrane Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Functional Bowel Disorders Review Group systematic review of randomized trialsNilesh Chande
Division of Gastroenterology, London Health Sciences Centre, The University of Western Ontario, South Street Hospital, 375 South St, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 104:235-41; quiz 234, 242. 2009..To conduct a systematic review to determine effective treatments for patients with collagenous colitis or lymphocytic colitis, the two subtypes of microscopic colitis...
- Omega-3 free fatty acids for the maintenance of remission in Crohn disease: the EPIC Randomized Controlled TrialsBrian G Feagan
Robarts Clinical Trials, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, 100 Perth Dr, London, ON, Canada N6A 5K8
JAMA 299:1690-7. 2008..Maintenance therapy for Crohn disease features the use of immunosuppressive drugs, which are associated with an increased risk of infection. Identification of safe and effective maintenance strategies is a priority...