- Contributions of cardiorespiratory fitness and visceral adiposity to six-year changes in cardiometabolic risk markers in apparently healthy men and womenCaroline Rheaume
Department of Family and Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1V 0A6
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1462-8. 2011..Both excess visceral adipose tissue (VAT) and low cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) levels are associated with a deteriorated cardiometabolic risk profile...
- Exercise-induced hypertension in men with metabolic syndrome: anthropometric, metabolic, and hemodynamic featuresValérie Gaudreault
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 11:7-14. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate exercise-induced hypertension (EIH) in men with metabolic syndrome and to explore potential associations with anthropometric and metabolic variables...
- Insulin resistance, low cardiorespiratory fitness, and increased exercise blood pressure: contribution of abdominal obesityMaxime Huot
Division of Kinesiology, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 58:1036-42. 2011..05). Individuals with a higher waist circumference have elevated exercise systolic blood pressure, regardless of their insulin sensitivity or level of cardiorespiratory fitness...
- Low cardiorespiratory fitness levels and elevated blood pressure: what is the contribution of visceral adiposity?Caroline Rheaume
Department of Family and Emergency Medicine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 54:91-7. 2009..Individuals with high visceral adipose tissue levels have higher blood pressure, independent of their fitness. Visceral adipose tissue may represent an important clinical target in the management of elevated blood pressure...
- Adiposity assessment: explaining the association between obesity, hypertension and strokeCaroline Rheaume
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, 2725 Ch Sainte Foy, Quebec, QC, G1V 4G5, Canada
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 9:1557-64. 2011....
- Training family physicians and residents in family medicine in shared decision making to improve clinical decisions regarding the use of antibiotics for acute respiratory infections: protocol for a clustered randomized controlled trialFrance Legare
Research Center of Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Hospital St François D Assise, Knowledge Transfer and Health Technology Assessment Research Group, 10 Espinay, Quebec, QC, G1L 3L5, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 12:3. 2011....
- Ovarian hormone status and abdominal visceral adipose tissue metabolismAndre Tchernof
Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, 2705 Laurier Boulevard T3 67, Quebec, PQ, Canada G1V 4G2
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3425-30. 2004....
- Glucose transporter 4 and insulin receptor substrate-1 messenger RNA expression in omental and subcutaneous adipose tissue in womenAlain Veilleux
Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Metabolism 58:624-31. 2009..This divergent pattern of expression may reflect a lower capacity of omental adipose tissue to respond to insulin stimulation at all adiposity levels...
- Visceral adipose tissue zinc finger protein 36 mRNA levels are correlated with insulin, insulin resistance index, and adiponectinemia in womenLuigi Bouchard
Lipid Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Endocrinol 157:451-7. 2007....
- Omental adipose tissue type 1 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase oxoreductase activity, body fat distribution, and metabolic alterations in womenAlain Veilleux
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3550-7. 2009....