Remi Rabasa Lhoret
- Modified quantitative insulin sensitivity check index is better correlated to hyperinsulinemic glucose clamp than other fasting-based index of insulin sensitivity in different insulin-resistant statesRemi Rabasa-Lhoret
Human Nutrition Research Centre of Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon 69003, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4917-23. 2003..However, QUICKI and revised QUICKI are good indexes that offer correlations similar to or higher than values obtained with log HOMA. Such indexes are simple tools to estimate insulin sensitivity appropriate for epidemiological studies...
- Metabolic and body composition factors in subgroups of obesity: what do we know?Antony D Karelis
Departement de Nutrition, Unité métabolique, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2569-75. 2004..Collectively, a greater understanding of the MHO and MONW individual has important implications for therapeutic decision making, the characterization of subjects in research protocols, and medical education...
- Metabolic and behavioral characteristics of metabolically obese but normal-weight womenFlorence Conus
Unité métabolique, Departement de Nutrition, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1A8, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5013-20. 2004..Furthermore, cognitive attitudes toward food (i.e. dietary restraint) and concomitant lifestyle behaviors may play a role in regulating insulin sensitivity in MONW women...
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes: insulin resistance and beta-cell functionJ L Chiasson
Research Centre CHUM Hôtel Dieu, 3850 St Urbain St, Rm 8 202, Montreal Quebec H2W 1T7, Canada
Diabetes 53:S34-8. 2004..By reducing insulin resistance, they protect and preserve the beta-cell function. No intervention has yet shown any direct effect on beta-cell function...
- The metabolically healthy but obese individual presents a favorable inflammation profileAntony D Karelis
Department of Nutrition, University of Montreal, 2405 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Pavillon Liliane de Stewart, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4145-50. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the inflammatory state in obese women displaying the "metabolically healthy but obese" (MHO) phenotype...
- Insulin regulation of gene expression and concentrations of white adipose tissue-derived proteins in vivo in healthy men: relation to adiponutrinMay Faraj
Laboratoire des dysfonctions Métabolique, Departement de Nutrition, Faculte de Medicine, Universite de Montreal, 2405 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8
J Endocrinol 191:427-35. 2006..We hypothesize that insulin-mediated regulation of adiponutrin expression is under the PI3K pathway. The relevance of the present findings to reduced adiponutrin expression in type 2 diabetes is discussed...
- Time course of liver lipid infiltration in ovariectomized rats: impact of a high-fat dietAmélie Paquette
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, CP 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Maturitas 58:182-90. 2007..The present study was undertaken to determine the time course of liver lipid infiltration in ovariectomized (Ovx) rats and the impact of high-fat (HF; 42% kJ) feeding on this response...