Genomes and Genes
Christopher R Mueller
Affiliation: Queen's University
- Expression microarray identifies the unliganded glucocorticoid receptor as a regulator of gene expression in mammary epithelial cellsHeather D Ritter
Queen s Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
BMC Cancer 14:275. 2014..Our previous studies implicated unliganded GR as a positive regulator of the BRCA1 tumour suppressor gene in the absence of glucocorticoid hormone, which suggested it could play a similar role in the regulation of other genes...
- The unliganded glucocorticoid receptor positively regulates the tumor suppressor gene BRCA1 through GABP betaHeather D Ritter
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
Mol Cancer Res 10:558-69. 2012..Because low levels of BRCA1 have been implicated in the development of sporadic breast cancer, this may represent a novel mechanism through which prolonged stress signaling increases breast cancer risk...
- Stress and breast cancer: from epidemiology to molecular biologyLilia Antonova
Center for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, 501 Smyth Rd, TOHCC 3rd floor, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 13:208. 2011....
- Hydrocortisone down-regulates the tumor suppressor gene BRCA1 in mammary cells: a possible molecular link between stress and breast cancerLilia Antonova
Queen s Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:341-52. 2008....
- Decreased expression of BRCA1 in SK-BR-3 cells is the result of aberrant activation of the GABP Beta promoter by an NRF-1-containing complexCrista Thompson
Pathology and Molecular Medicine Department, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cancer 10:62. 2011..Thus, elucidating the regulatory mechanisms of BRCA1 expression is important to our understanding of normal and malignant breast differentiation...
- A novel activating role of SRC and STAT3 on HGF transcription in human breast cancer cellsMichelle R Sam
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
Mol Cancer 6:69. 2007..This could lead to paracrine or autocrine activation of the Met receptor in breast carcinoma cells...
- Characterization of a negative transcriptional element in the BRCA1 promoterGwen MacDonald
Queen s Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L 3N6
Breast Cancer Res 9:R49. 2007....
- Regulation of BRCA1 expression and its relationship to sporadic breast cancerChristopher R Mueller
Cancer Research Laboratories, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 5:45-52. 2003....