Affiliation: Queen's University
- Breast cancer in pregnancy: a literature reviewAndrea Molckovsky
Department of Oncology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:333-8. 2008..Breast cancer in pregnancy is a clinically challenging situation for patients and their physicians. A review of the literature was performed to help identify optimal treatment strategies...
- Irinotecan-associated pulmonary toxicityY Madarnas
Division of Medical Oncology Hematology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anticancer Drugs 11:709-13. 2000..Patients with pre-existing pulmonary disease may be at higher risk for this complication and clinicians should be alert to this possibility...
- Are medical oncologists biased in their treatment of the large woman with breast cancer?Y Madarnas
Division of Medical Oncology Hematology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 66:123-33. 2001..We sought to determine the distribution of body size and prevalence of obesity in the breast cancer population of our cancer centre, and to determine clinician chemotherapy dosing practices in the era of modern adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Adjuvant/neoadjuvant trastuzumab therapy in women with HER-2/neu-overexpressing breast cancer: a systematic reviewYolanda Madarnas
Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario, Kingston General Hospital, 25 King Street West, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 5P9
Cancer Treat Rev 34:539-57. 2008....
- Failure of ovarian ablation with goserelin in a pre-menopausal breast cancer patient resulting in pregnancy: a case report and review of the literatureN Hill
Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario, Kingston, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:265-8. 2011..For physicians and breast cancer patients using a GnRH analog, it is important to be aware of the possibility of inadequate ovarian function suppression and the potential for pregnancy...
- Fasting insulin and outcome in early-stage breast cancer: results of a prospective cohort studyPamela J Goodwin
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Epidemiology at the Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Clin Oncol 20:42-51. 2002..Because of this and because of its recognized association with obesity, an adverse prognostic factor in breast cancer, we examined the prognostic associations of insulin in early-stage breast cancer...
- Fulvestrant for systemic therapy of locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women: a systematic reviewJennifer Flemming
Department of Internal Medicine, Queen s University, Etherington Hall, Room 3040, 94 Stuart Street, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 115:255-68. 2009..There are, however, important methodological concerns across reviewed trials that should be taken under consideration as they may limit the strength of such a conclusion...