Genomes and Genes
David P LeBrun
Affiliation: Queen's University
- E2A basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors in human leukemiaDavid P LeBrun
Department of Pathology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Front Biosci 8:s206-22. 2003..In this article, I review the evidence pertaining to leukemogenesis by the well-characterized E2A-fusion proteins and consider its mechanistic implications...
- Critical role for a single leucine residue in leukemia induction by E2A-PBX1Richard Bayly
Division of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 26:6442-52. 2006..Circumstantial evidence suggests that the side chain of L20 might interact with a deep hydrophobic pocket in the KIX domain. Therefore, our results serve to identify a potential new drug target...
- Structural basis of CBP/p300 recruitment in leukemia induction by E2A-PBX1Christopher M Denis
Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Blood 120:3968-77. 2012..These results provide molecular insights into E-protein-driven differentiation of B-cells and the mechanism of E-protein silencing, and reveal the PCET/KIX interaction as a therapeutic target for E2A-PBX1-induced leukemia...
- Mapping acetylation sites in E2A identifies a conserved lysine residue in activation domain 1 that promotes CBP/p300 recruitment and transcriptional activationBrandy D Hyndman
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1819:375-81. 2012..Our results illustrate for the first time that AD1 can both recruit, and be acetylated by, KATs and that KAT recruitment may promote transcriptional induction in part through acetylation of AD1 itself...
- E2A proteins enhance the histone acetyltransferase activity of the transcriptional co-activators CBP and p300Brandy D Hyndman
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1819:446-53. 2012..Our findings add to a growing body of literature indicating that interactions between CBP/p300 and transcription factors can function in a specific manner to modulate HAT catalytic activity...
- Differential expression of cell-cycle regulatory proteins defines distinct classes of follicular lymphomaAbdulmohsen Alhejaily
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Hum Pathol 42:972-82. 2011..Therefore, subjective quantification of cell-cycle regulatory proteins by immunohistochemistry can identify biologically and clinically distinct subsets of follicular lymphoma cases...
- E2A-PBX1 interacts directly with the KIX domain of CBP/p300 in the induction of proliferation in primary hematopoietic cellsRichard Bayly
Queen s University Cancer Research Institute, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:55362-71. 2004..Our findings suggest that some aspects of E2A-PBX1 oncogenesis involve a direct interaction with the KIX domain of CBP/p300...