- Pibarot P, Hahn R, Weissman N, Monaghan M. Assessment of paravalvular regurgitation following TAVR: a proposal of unifying grading scheme. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:340-60 pubmed publisher..Corrective procedures such as balloon post-dilation, valve-in-valve, orÂ leakÂ closure may be considered, depending on the severity, location, and etiology of PVR. ..
- Dahou A, Bartko P, Capoulade R, Clavel M, Mundigler G, Grondin S, et al. Usefulness of global left ventricular longitudinal strain for risk stratification in low ejection fraction, low-gradient aortic stenosis: results from the multicenter True or Pseudo-Severe Aortic Stenosis study. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:e002117 pubmed publisher..http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01835028. ..
- Magne J, Pibarot P, Sengupta P, Donal E, Rosenhek R, Lancellotti P. Pulmonary hypertension in valvular disease: a comprehensive review on pathophysiology to therapy from the HAVEC Group. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:83-99 pubmed publisher..Cardiac magnetic resonance is also useful for assessing right ventricular geometry and function, which provide additional prognostic information in patients with VHD and PH. ..
- Garcia J, Capoulade R, Le Ven F, Gaillard E, Kadem L, Pibarot P, et al. Discrepancies between cardiovascular magnetic resonance and Doppler echocardiography in the measurement of transvalvular gradient in aortic stenosis: the effect of flow vorticity. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013;15:84 pubmed publisher..82; bias = 0.5 mmHg, limits of agreement from -9.1 to 10.2 mmHg) than measured MPGCMR and MPG(CMR-Gorlin). Flow vorticity is one of the main factors responsible for MPG discrepancies between CMR and TTE. ..
- Pibarot P, Dumesnil J. Low-flow, low-gradient aortic stenosis with normal and depressed left ventricular ejection fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:1845-53 pubmed publisher..The present paper proposes to review the diagnostic and therapeutic management specificities of LF-LG AS with and without depressed LV function. ..
- Dahou A, Magne J, Clavel M, Capoulade R, Bartko P, Bergler Klein J, et al. Tricuspid Regurgitation Is Associated With Increased Risk of Mortality in Patients With Low-Flow Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis and Reduced Ejection Fraction: Results of the Multicenter TOPAS Study (True or Pseudo-Severe AorticÂ Stenosis). JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8:588-96 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine whether TR is a risk marker or a risk factor of mortality and whether concomitant surgical correction of TR at the time of AVR might improve outcomes for this high-risk population. ..
- Capoulade R, Mahmut A, Tastet L, Arsenault M, Bedard E, Dumesnil J, et al. Impact of plasma Lp-PLA2 activity on the progression of aortic stenosis: the PROGRESSA study. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:26-33 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an impetus for the elaboration of a randomized trial targeting Lp-PLA2 activity in patients with early stages of calcific aortic valve disease. ..
- Tastet L, Capoulade R, Clavel M, Larose Ã, Shen M, Dahou A, et al. Systolic hypertension and progression of aortic valve calcification in patients with aortic stenosis: results from the PROGRESSA study. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;18:70-78 pubmed publisher..These findings provide further support for the elaboration of randomized clinical trials to assess the efficacy of antihypertensive medication to slow the stenosis progression in patients with AS. ..
- Pibarot P, Simonato M, Barbanti M, Linke A, Kornowski R, Rudolph T, et al. Impact of Pre-Existing Prosthesis-Patient Mismatch on Survival Following Aortic Valve-in-Valve Procedures. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018;11:133-141 pubmed publisher..Pre-existing PPM of the failed surgical valve is strongly and independently associated with increased risk for mortality following ViV implantation. ..
- Fino C, Iacovoni A, Pibarot P, Pepper J, Ferrero P, Merlo M, et al. Exercise Hemodynamic and Functional Capacity After Mitral Valve Replacement in Patients With Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation: A Comparison of Mechanical Versus Biological Prostheses. Circ Heart Fail. 2018;11:e004056 pubmed publisher..Randomized studies with longer follow-up including quality of life and survival data are required to confirm these results. ..
- Clavel M, Burwash I, Pibarot P. Cardiac Imaging for Assessing Low-Gradient Severe Aortic Stenosis. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10:185-202 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to confirm the best valve replacement procedure and prosthetic valve for each category of low-gradient AS and to identify patients with low-gradient AS in whom AVR is likely to be futile. ..
- Dahou A, Toubal O, Clavel M, Beaudoin J, Magne J, Mathieu P, et al. Relationship Between QT Interval and Outcome in Low-Flow Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis With Low Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed..Assessment of QTc may provide a simple and inexpensive tool to enhance risk stratification in LF-LG AS patients. URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT 01835028. ..
- Dahou A, Mahjoub H, Pibarot P. Prosthesis-Patient Mismatch After Aortic Valve Replacement. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2016;18:67 pubmed publisher..In this article, we discuss the most updated data regarding the diagnosis, clinical impact, and prevention of PPM after AVR. ..
- Salaun E, Zenses A, Evin M, Collart F, Habib G, Pibarot P, et al. Effect of oversizing and elliptical shape of aortic annulus on transcatheter valve hemodynamics: An in vitro study. Int J Cardiol. 2016;208:28-35 pubmed publisher..No transvalvular regurgitation occurred and only one paravalvular regurgitation was observed after implantation of SAPIEN 26 in the highly eccentric annulus. ..
- Dayan V, Vignolo G, Magne J, Clavel M, Mohty D, Pibarot P. Outcome and Impact of Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With Preserved LVEF and Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:2594-2603 pubmed publisher..32; 95% CI: 0.21 to 0.49). Patients with paradoxical LF-LG AS and NF-LG AS have increased risk of mortality compared with other subtypes of AS with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction, and improved outcome with AVR. ..
- Capoulade R, Chan K, Mathieu P, Bosse Y, Dumesnil J, Tam J, et al. Autoantibodies and immune complexes to oxidation-specific epitopes and progression of aortic stenosis: Results from the ASTRONOMER trial. Atherosclerosis. 2017;260:1-7 pubmed publisher..Autoantibody titers to MDA-LDL and apoB-IC, which are an indirect measurement of OSE, unlike direct measurements of OxPL-apoB or their major lipoprotein carrier Lp(a), do not predict the progression of CAVS or need for AVR. ..
- Clavel M, Magne J, Pibarot P. Low-gradient aortic stenosis. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:2645-57 pubmed publisher..Some studies suggest that transcatheter AVR may be superior to surgical AVR in patients with LF-LG AS. ..
- Tastet L, Capoulade R, Shen M, Clavel M, CÃ´tÃ© N, Mathieu P, et al. ApoB/ApoA-I Ratio is Associated With Faster Hemodynamic Progression of Aortic Stenosis: Results From the PROGRESSA (Metabolic Determinants of the Progression of Aortic Stenosis) Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01679431. ..
- Maleki H, Shahriari S, Labrosse M, RodÃ©s Cabau J, Pibarot P, Kadem L. Effect of Aortic Annulus Size and Prosthesis Oversizing on the Hemodynamics and Leaflet Bending Stress of Transcatheter Valves: An In Vitro Study. Can J Cardiol. 2015;31:1041-6 pubmed publisher..Oversizing (up to 20% in area) has no significant effect on valve EOA but is associated with higher leaflet bending stress, which might promote faster structural valve degeneration in the long term. ..
- Dahou A, Ribeiro H, Rodes Cabau J, Pibarot P. Impact and Management of Paravalvular Regurgitation After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2015;4:67-82 pubmed publisher..Corrective procedures such as balloon postdilation, valve-in-valve, or leak closure may be considered, depending on the severity, location, and etiology of PVR. ..
- Soon J, Pibarot P, Blanke P, Ohana M, Leipsic J. Multimodality Imaging for Planning and Follow-up of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1110-1123 pubmed publisher..We review the most commonly used imaging modalities and discuss their respective strengths and contributions to optimal patient selection, procedure planning, implementation, and follow-up in TAVR. ..
- Dahou A, Clavel M, Capoulade R, O CONNOR K, Ribeiro H, Côté N, et al. B-Type Natriuretic Peptide and High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin for Risk Stratification in Low-Flow, Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis: A Substudy of the TOPAS Study. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018;11:939-947 pubmed publisher..Patients with elevation of both BNP and hsTnT had a markedly increased risk of mortality. (Multicenter Prospective Study of Low-Flow Low-Gradient Aortic Stenosis [TOPAS]; NCT01835028). ..
- Dupuis M, Mahjoub H, Clavel M, Côté N, Toubal O, Tastet L, et al. Forward Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction: A Simple Risk Marker in Patients With Primary Mitral Regurgitation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This simple and easily measurable parameter may be useful to improve risk stratification and select the best timing for intervention in patients with primary MR. ..
- Pibarot P, Dumesnil J. Prosthesis-patient mismatch: definition, clinical impact, and prevention. Heart. 2006;92:1022-9 pubmed..Moreover, as opposed to most other risk factors, PPM can largely be prevented by using a prospective strategy at the time of operation. ..
- Capoulade R, Chan K, Yeang C, Mathieu P, BossÃ© Y, Dumesnil J, et al. Oxidized Phospholipids, Lipoprotein(a), and Progression of Calcific Aortic Valve Stenosis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:1236-1246 pubmed publisher..Aortic Stenosis Progression Observation: Measuring Effects of Rosuvastatin [ASTRONOMER]; NCT00800800). ..
- Pibarot P, Dumesnil J. New concepts in valvular hemodynamics: implications for diagnosis and treatment of aortic stenosis. Can J Cardiol. 2007;23 Suppl B:40B-47B pubmed