Genomes and Genes
- Pelletier G, Luu The V, Li S, Ren L, Labrie F. Localization of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 mRNA in mouse tissues. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;33:459-65 pubmed..In the testes and peripheral tissues, the action of E2 is probably limited to the cells involved in its formation in an intracrine fashion. ..
- Pelletier G, Luu The V, Li S, Labrie F. Localization of type 7 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in mouse tissues. In situ hybridization studies. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;93:49-57 pubmed....
- Pelletier G, Li S, Luu The V, Labrie F. Oestrogenic regulation of pro-opiomelanocortin, neuropeptide Y and corticotrophin-releasing hormone mRNAs in mouse hypothalamus. J Neuroendocrinol. 2007;19:426-31 pubmed..The present data suggest that oestrogen might exert an anorexigenic action by stimulating POMC and CRH mRNA expression and decreasing NPY mRNA expression in the hypothalamus. ..
- Pelletier G, Luu The V, El Alfy M, Li S, Labrie F. Immunoelectron microscopic localization of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in the human prostate and mammary gland. J Mol Endocrinol. 2001;26:11-9 pubmed..The absence of any association of the enzymes with membrane-bound organelles appears as a common finding in the reactive cell types of two peripheral tissues. ..
- Pelletier G, Li S, Luu The V, Tremblay Y, Belanger A, Labrie F. Immunoelectron microscopic localization of three key steroidogenic enzymes (cytochrome P450(scc), 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and cytochrome P450(c17)) in rat adrenal cortex and gonads. J Endocrinol. 2001;171:373-83 pubmed....
- Pelletier G, Lihrmann I, Vaudry H. Role of androgens in the regulation of urotensin II precursor mRNA expression in the rat brainstem and spinal cord. Neuroscience. 2002;115:525-32 pubmed..The physiological relevance of these new findings remains to be fully explored. ..
- Pelletier G, Luu The V, Li S, Labrie F. Localization of 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase mRNA in mouse brain by in situ hybridization. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;125:143-6 pubmed..In the hippocampus, the labelling was mostly located over pyramidal cells of the CA1 layer. These results suggest that progesterone can be inactivated by 20alpha-HSD in some specific brain areas. ..
- Pelletier G, Luu The V, Li S, Labrie F. Localization of type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase mRNA in mouse tissues as studied by in situ hybridization. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;320:393-8 pubmed..The data indicate that androgens and estrogens are formed via the action of type 5 17beta-HSD in specific cell types in the liver, ovary, adrenal cortex, and kidney. ..