- Proportions of students who use various modes of transportation to and from school in a representative population-based sample of children and adolescents, 1999Roman Pabayo
Faculte de Medecine, Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire en santé and Médecine sociale et préventive, Universite de Montreal, Canada H2V 4P3
Prev Med 46:63-6. 2008..The purposes of this study were to describe the prevalence of modes of transportation to school and to identify socioeconomic correlates...
- Sustained active transportation is associated with a favorable body mass index trajectory across the early school years: findings from the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Child Development birth cohortRoman Pabayo
Faculte de Medecine, CRCHUM Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, and Centre de recherche Léa Roback sur les inégalités sociales de santé de Montréal, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Prev Med 50:S59-64. 2010..To determine the extent to which active transportation (AT) to and from school is associated with changes in body mass index (BMI) from kindergarten (6-year-olds) through grade 2 (8-year-olds)...
- Do area characteristics predict change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15 years?Roman Pabayo
Faculte de Medecine, CRCHUM Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, and Centre de recherche Léa Roback sur les inégalités sociales de santé de Montréal, Universite de Montreal, Pavillon 1420 boul Mont Royal, Quebec, Canada H2V 4P3
Soc Sci Med 72:430-8. 2011....
- Longitudinal changes in active transportation to school in Canadian youth aged 6 through 16 yearsRoman Pabayo
Faculte de Medecine, CRCHUM, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Downtown Station, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatrics 128:e404-13. 2011..Concern has been raised regarding the increased prevalence of physical inactivity among children. Active transportation, such as walking and cycling to school, is an opportunity for children to be physically active...
- Does intolerance of smoking at school or in restaurants or corner stores decrease cigarette use initiation in adolescents?Roman Pabayo
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nicotine Tob Res 14:1154-60. 2012..The objective of this paper is to describe the association between smoking intolerance in schools, and in restaurants and corner stores located near schools, and initiation of cigarette smoking among adolescents...
- Effect of a ban on extracurricular sports activities by secondary school teachers on physical activity levels of adolescents: a multilevel analysisRoman Pabayo
Toronto Public Health Planning and Policy, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Health Educ Behav 33:690-702. 2006..04; SE=1.01). Ending a teachers' ban on sports-related ECAs was associated with increased involvement in physical activity among secondary school students...