I A Lorimer
Affiliation: Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
- Activation of extracellular-regulated kinases by normal and mutant EGF receptorsI A Lorimer
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1538:1-9. 2001..The different mechanisms of ERK activation used by normal and mutant EGF receptors may be important in understanding the potent tumorigenic activity of EGFRvIII...
- Induction of apoptosis in glioblastoma cells by an atypical protein kinase C pseudosubstrate peptideIan A J Lorimer
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ontario, Canada
Anticancer Res 22:623-31. 2002..We have assessed the cytotoxicity of an inhibitor of atypical protein kinase C on glioblastoma cells expressing EGFRvIII...
- Mutant epidermal growth factor receptors as targets for cancer therapyI A J Lorimer
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, 503 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 1C4
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 2:91-102. 2002..This review covers our current understanding of the properties of EGFRvIII, and recent developments in the characterization and therapeutic application of EGFRvIII-specific antibodies...
- Targeting retrovirus to cancer cells expressing a mutant EGF receptor by insertion of a single chain antibody variable domain in the envelope glycoprotein receptor binding lobeI A Lorimer
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Cancer Research Group, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8L6
J Immunol Methods 237:147-57. 2000..Thus we were able to redirect retrovirus binding to this tumour-specific target without perturbing the normal function of the ecotropic envelope glycoprotein, but this was not sufficient to mediate infectivity via this receptor...
- Antibody recognition of a conformational epitope in a peptide antigen: Fv-peptide complex of an antibody fragment specific for the mutant EGF receptor, EGFRvIIIR C Landry
Department of Biochemistry Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth, Ottawa, K1H 8M5, Canada
J Mol Biol 308:883-93. 2001....
- Regulation of p27Kip1 by miRNA 221/222 in glioblastomaJana K Gillies
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Cell Cycle 6:2005-9. 2007..These data show that p27(Kip1) is a direct target for microRNAs 221 and 222, and suggest a role for these microRNAs in promoting the aggressive growth of human glioblastoma...
- A phase II trial of ZD1839 (Iressa) 750 mg per day, an oral epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerMary J Mackenzie
Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, 699 Concession St, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8V 5C2
Invest New Drugs 23:165-70. 2005..There were no treatment related deaths. CONCLUSIONS: ZD1839, when given at 750 mg/day to patients with pre-treated metastatic colorectal cancer, does not result in significant tumor regression...
- Rescue and propagation of fully retargeted oncolytic measles virusesTakafumi Nakamura
Nat Biotechnol 23:209-14. 2005..These data provide an in vivo demonstration of antibody-directed tumor destruction by retargeted oncolytic viruses...
- Hypoxia inducible factor activates the transforming growth factor-alpha/epidermal growth factor receptor growth stimulatory pathway in VHL(-/-) renal cell carcinoma cellsLakshman Gunaratnam
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine and Kidney Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:44966-74. 2003..Moreover, our results suggest that HIF might be involved in oncogenesis to a much higher extent than previously appreciated...
- A pharmacodynamic study of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor ZD1839 in metastatic colorectal cancer patientsManijeh Daneshmand
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 1C4 Canada
Clin Cancer Res 9:2457-64. 2003..ZD1839 may also induce cancer cell apoptosis in a subset of colorectal cancer patients via up-regulation of p27(Kip1)...
- Interaction of Hsp90 with the nascent form of the mutant epidermal growth factor receptor EGFRvIIISylvie J Lavictoire
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 1C4, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:5292-9. 2003..These studies show that nascent EGFRvIII in the endoplasmic reticulum associates with Hsp90 and Cdc37, and that the Hsp90 association is necessary to maintain expression of EGFRvIII...
- Activation of p38MAPK contributes to expanded polyglutamine-induced cytotoxicityMaria Tsirigotis
Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e2130. 2008..The signaling pathways that may modulate the pathogenesis of diseases induced by expanded polyglutamine proteins are not well understood...