Ruedi K Braun
Affiliation: Ottawa Health Research Institute
- Phenotypic and molecular characterization of CD103+ CD4+ T cells in bronchoalveolar lavage from patients with interstitial lung diseasesRuedi K Braun
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 54:19-27. 2003..The integrin CD103 is preferentially expressed on intraepithelial T lymphocytes, and cells expressing this integrin may play a regulatory role in the microenvironment of the epithelial cell layer...
- Human gamma delta-T lymphocytes express and synthesize connective tissue growth factor: effect of IL-15 and TGF-beta 1 and comparison with alpha beta-T lymphocytesGrefachew Workalemahu
Pneumology and Allergology, University Medical Clinic IV, Jena, Germany
J Immunol 170:153-7. 2003....
- Differential regulation of aminopeptidase N (CD13) by transendothelial migration and cytokines on human eosinophilsRuedi K Braun
Department of Pneumology, Allergy, and Immunology, Medical Clinic IV, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Exp Lung Res 29:59-77. 2003..Further, CD13 itself seems to be involved in the process of eosinophil transmigration. aminopeptidase Nendothelial cellseosinophilsinterleukin-3interleukin-5transendothelial migration..
- Effects of altitude and exercise on pulmonary capillary integrity: evidence for subclinical high-altitude pulmonary edemaMarlowe W Eldridge
John Rankin Laboratory of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Univ of Wisconsin, Medical School, H4 422 Clinical Sciences Center, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792 4108, USA
J Appl Physiol 100:972-80. 2006..These findings suggest that pulmonary capillary disruption occurs with intense exercise in healthy humans and that hypoxia augments the mechanical stresses on the pulmonary microcirculation...
- Immunopathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy. Evidence for the role of TH2-type CD4+T lymphocytes and association with myocardial HLA-DR expressionFriedhelm Kuethe
Klinik fuer Innere Medizin I, Friedrich Schiller Universitaet Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, Jena, 07740, Germany
J Clin Immunol 26:33-9. 2006..In the present study, we investigated the relation between the peripheral CD4+T-cell subset and the degree of HLA expression in the heart...
- IL-17-dependent cellular immunity to collagen type V predisposes to obliterative bronchiolitis in human lung transplantsWilliam J Burlingham
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3498-506. 2007..These data suggest that while alloimmunity initiates lung transplant rejection, de novo autoimmunity mediated by col(V)-specific Th17 cells and monocyte/macrophage accessory cells ultimately causes progressive airway obliteration...
- Th-17, monokines, collagen type V, and primary graft dysfunction in lung transplantationJoseph L Bobadilla
Microbiology and Immunology, Director, Center for Immunobiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Van Nuys Medical Sciences Building MS224, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5120, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:660-8. 2008..Human studies and rodent models have shown that collagen type V (col[V]), stimulates IL-17-dependent cellular immunity after lung transplantation...
- IL-17 producing gammadelta T cells are required for a controlled inflammatory response after bleomycin-induced lung injuryRuedi K Braun
Department of Thoracic and CV Surgery, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Inflammation 31:167-79. 2008..Here we examined the response of gammadelta T cells to lung injury induced by bleomycin, in an effort to study the inflammatory response in the absence of any adaptive immune response to a pathogen...