Paula A Forgeron
Affiliation: Nova Scotia
- Parents' intentions to use paediatric nurse practitioner services in an emergency departmentPaula Forgeron
Pediatric Pain Management, IWK Health Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Adv Nurs 52:231-8. 2005..This paper reports on a study investigating the factors which influence parental intent to use the services of a paediatric nurse practitioner in an emergency department...
- Pediatric pain prevalence and parents' attitudes at a cancer hospital in JordanPaula A Forgeron
Pediatric Pain Management, IWK Health Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Pain Symptom Manage 31:440-8. 2006..These study results were used to inform the action research approach in the overall project...
- My child you must have patience and Kreng Jai: Thai parents and child painDarunee Jongudomkarn
Faculty of Nursing, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen Province, Thailand
J Nurs Scholarsh 44:323-31. 2012..To elicit the experiences of parents in providing care for their hospitalized child's acute pain needs...
- Children's pain assessment in northeastern Thailand: perspectives of health professionalsPaula A Forgeron
IWK Health Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Qual Health Res 19:71-81. 2009..In this article, we focus on the issues concerning the assessment of pain resulting from underrecognizing children's pain and complex issues in communicating findings of children's pain...
- Cultural influences on the assessment of children's painG Allen Finley
Department of Anesthesia, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pain Res Manag 14:33-7. 2009..A focus on cultural influences should not distract clinicians from the need to be sensitive to individual beliefs and attitudes...
- Social information processing in adolescents with chronic pain: my friends don't really understand mePaula A Forgeron
Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Pain 152:2773-80. 2011..When adolescents with chronic pain do not perceive friends as providing support, they may avoid these social situations...
- Social functioning and peer relationships in children and adolescents with chronic pain: A systematic reviewPaula A Forgeron
Dalhousie University and IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pain Res Manag 15:27-41. 2010..Peer relationships during childhood and adolescence are acknowledged to be negatively impacted by chronic pain; however, to date there has been no synthesis of this literature...