Penny J Barnes
Affiliation: Nova Scotia
- Erdheim-Chester disease of the breast: a case report and review of the literaturePenny J Barnes
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Breast J 11:462-7. 2005..ECD should be considered in the differential diagnosis of histiocytoid breast lesions, including fat necrosis and histiocytoid invasive mammary carcinoma...
- Acinar pattern of mammary Paget's disease: a case reportPenny J Barnes
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Breast J 13:520-6. 2007..A predominant acinar pattern of MPD is extremely uncommon and, to our knowledge, has not been formally reported. The histological features and differential diagnosis are discussed...
- Ten years of breast screening in the Nova Scotia Breast Screening Program, 1991-2001. experience: use of an adaptable stereotactic device in the diagnosis of screening-detected abnormalitiesJudy S Caines
Department of Radiology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, and Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia Breast Screening Program, Halifax, NS
Can Assoc Radiol J 56:82-93. 2005..To evaluate and present 10-year outcomes of the Nova Scotia Breast Screening Program (NSBSP), a population-based screening program in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada, total population 900 000...
- Application of the probabilistic approach to reporting breast fine needle aspiration in malesRebecca F MacIntosh
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Acta Cytol 52:530-4. 2008..To apply the probabilistic approach to a series offine needle aspiration (FNA) samples of male breast lesions and determine the accuracy and reproducibility of this method of reporting in men...
- Survivin and COX-2 expression in male breast carcinomaTallal Younis
Department of Medicine, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Bethune Building, Halifax, NS B3H 2Y9, Canada
Breast 18:228-32. 2009..Additional studies are needed to further elucidate the correlation between cytoplasmic survivin, COX-2 and ITA expression in Male BC considering their potential therapeutic implications...
- Clinical and pathological correlations in male breast cancer: intratumoral aromatase expression via tissue microarrayKelly Dakin Haché
Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, 7th Floor, Mackenzie Building, 5788 University Avenue, Halifax, NS, Canada, B3H 1V8
Breast Cancer Res Treat 105:169-75. 2007..The log-rank test was used for survival comparisons and Kaplan-Meyer curves were used to estimate 3- and 5-year progression-free and overall survival probabilities...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ in core biopsies containing invasive breast cancer: correlation with extensive intraductal component and lumpectomy marginsMartin Dzierzanowski
Department of General Surgery, QEII Health Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Surg Oncol 90:71-6. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine the implications of DCIS found in the original CB, specifically related to the risk of EIC and/or positive lumpectomy margins...
- Flat epithelial atypia on breast needle core biopsy: a retrospective study with clinical-pathological correlationTsu Yee Joseph Lee
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Breast J 16:377-83. 2010..A conservative excision is warranted following a NCB diagnosis of FEA and ADH, and may be warranted for FEA alone...