T A Nielsen
- A review of mentation in REM and NREM sleep: "covert" REM sleep as a possible reconciliation of two opposing modelsT A Nielsen
Sleep Research Center, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Psychiatry Department, Universite de Montreal, Quebec H4J 1C5, Canada
Behav Brain Sci 23:851-66; discussion 904-1121. 2000..Such covert activity may be responsible for much of the dreamlike cognitive activity occurring in NREM sleep...
- Prevalence of auditory, olfactory, and gustatory experiences in home dreamsA L Zadra
Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, Centre d Etude du Sommeil, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Percept Mot Skills 87:819-26. 1998..The results lend support to previous studies which have shown that a variety of sensory experiences, although relatively rare, can occur in dreams...
- Is interhemispheric connectivity reduced after callosotomy? A critiqueT A Nielsen
Hôpital du Sacré Coeur de Montréal Departement de psychiatrie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec
Percept Mot Skills 83:348-50. 1996..In view of these two shortcomings, the authors' conclusion concerning callosal function may be premature...
- Variations in EEG coherence as an index of the affective content of dreams from REM sleep: relationships with face imageryT A Nielsen
Dream and Nightmare Laboratory, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Brain Cogn 41:200-12. 1999....
- Development of disturbing dreams during adolescence and their relation to anxiety symptomsT A Nielsen
, , , Quebec, Canada
Sleep 23:727-36. 2000..Further study of disturbing dreams may contribute to understanding of associated pathophysiological factors which, too, vary by sex (e.g., PTSD, insomnia, depression)...