Alex C T Ko
Affiliation: National Research Council
- Multimodal nonlinear optical imaging of atherosclerotic plaque development in myocardial infarction-prone rabbitsAlex C T Ko
National Research Council Canada, Institute for Biodiagnostics, 435 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3B 1Y6
J Biomed Opt 15:020501. 2010..Clear pathological changes are observed in the extracellular matrix of the arterial wall and correlated with progression of atherosclerotic disease as represented by the age of the WHHLMI rabbits...
- Collagen morphology and texture analysis: from statistics to classificationLeila B Mostaço-Guidolin
National Research Council Canada, Medical Devices Portfolio 435 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3B 1Y6
Sci Rep 3:2190. 2013..The proposed methodology can be applied to a wide range of conditions involving collagen re-modeling, such as in skin disorders, different types of fibrosis and muscular-skeletal diseases affecting ligaments and cartilage...
- Quantitative nonlinear optical assessment of atherosclerosis progression in rabbitsLeila B Mostaço-Guidolin
National Research Council Canada, Medical Devices Portfolio, 435 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3B 1Y6
Anal Chem 86:6346-54. 2014..The same optical index also accurately identified high-risk locations for atherosclerotic plaque formation along the entire aorta, which was validated by immunohistochemical fluorescence imaging. ..
- Evaluation of texture parameters for the quantitative description of multimodal nonlinear optical images from atherosclerotic rabbit arteriesLeila B Mostaço-Guidolin
Institute for Biodiagnostics, National Research Council Canada, Winnipeg, R3B 1Y6, Canada
Phys Med Biol 56:5319-34. 2011..Tonal and texture parameters from NLO images provide objective metrics that correspond to structural and biochemical changes that occur within the vessel wall in early and late stage atherosclerosis...
- Ex vivo detection and characterization of early dental caries by optical coherence tomography and Raman spectroscopyAlex C T Ko
National Research Council Canada, Institute for Biodiagnostics, 435 Ellice Ave, Winnipeg MB, Canada R3B 1Y6
J Biomed Opt 10:031118. 2005..The combination has potential for development into a new fiber-optic diagnostic tool enabling dentists to identify early caries lesions with greater sensitivity and specificity...