Affiliation: Mount Sinai Hospital
- The role of a clinical director in developing an innovative assertive community treatment team targeting ethno-racial minority patientsSamuel Law
Assertive Community Treatment Team, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Q 78:183-92. 2007..The role demands specialized clinical, administrative, advocacy, and evaluative skills emphasized in programs such as the Columbia University Public Psychiatry Fellowship...
- Multi-family psycho-education group for assertive community treatment clients and families of culturally diverse background: a pilot studyWendy Chow
Assertive Community Treatment Team and Mental Health Court Support Program, Community Mental Health Program, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Health Complex and the University of Toronto, 260 Spadina Avenue, Suite 204, Toronto, ON, M5T 2E4, Canada
Community Ment Health J 46:364-71. 2010..Regular attendance was associated with reduction in perceived family burden. Culturally competent delivery of MFPG enhanced family members' understanding of mental illness and reduced stress levels and negative feelings towards clients...
- Association between degrees of social defeat and themes of delusion in patients with schizophrenia from immigrant and ethnic minority backgroundsDanni Li
Mount Sinai Hospital, and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Transcult Psychiatry 49:735-49. 2012..It was found that delusional themes of psychological persecution, such as control and reference, were more common in those with either moderate or severe degrees of social defeat...
- Adapting ACT to serve culturally diverse communities: a comparison of a Japanese and a Canadian ACT teamWendy Chow
Department of Psychiatry, Univeristy of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, 260 Spadina Ave, Suite 204, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2E4, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 62:971-4. 2011....
- Best practices: A systematic approach to the management of patients who refuse medications in an assertive community treatment team settingChristopher Tam
Department of Psychiatry, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 58:457-9. 2007..The authors suggest that in some circumstances stopping medications in such a case may help in the development or repair of a therapeutic alliance over the long term...
- Best practices: assertive community treatment for persons with severe and persistent mental illness in ethnic minority groupsJian Yang
Department of Pyschiatry, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 56:1053-5. 2005
- Clinical, social, and service use characteristics of Fuzhounese undocumented immigrant patientsSamuel Law
Department of Psychiatry, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, 17th Floor, Cardinal Carter Wing, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
Psychiatr Serv 54:1034-7. 2003..The authors suggest potential changes in treatment and health policy...