Genomes and Genes
Eleftherios P Diamandis
Affiliation: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Diamandis E, Scorilas A, Fracchioli S, Van Gramberen M, De Bruijn H, Henrik A, et al. Human kallikrein 6 (hK6): a new potential serum biomarker for diagnosis and prognosis of ovarian carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2003;21:1035-43 pubmed..Serum hK6 concentration seems to be a new biomarker for ovarian carcinoma and may have value for disease diagnosis and prognosis. ..
- Diamandis E, Yousef G. Human tissue kallikreins: a family of new cancer biomarkers. Clin Chem. 2002;48:1198-205 pubmed..In addition to their diagnostic/prognostic potential, kallikreins may also emerge as attractive targets for therapeutics. ..
- Diamandis E. The Journal Impact Factor is under attack - use the CAPCI factor instead. BMC Med. 2017;15:9 pubmed publisher..I propose instead the use of a new name, the "CAPCI factor", standing for Citation Average Per Citable Item, which accurately describes what is represented by this measure. ..
- Diamandis E, Scorilas A, Kishi T, Blennow K, Luo L, Soosaipillai A, et al. Altered kallikrein 7 and 10 concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Alzheimer's disease and frontotemporal dementia. Clin Biochem. 2004;37:230-7 pubmed..The possible connection between these enzymes and the pathogenesis and progression of AD and FTD needs to be further investigated. ..
- Diamandis E, Borgono C, Scorilas A, Harbeck N, Dorn J, Schmitt M. Human kallikrein 11: an indicator of favorable prognosis in ovarian cancer patients. Clin Biochem. 2004;37:823-9 pubmed..508; P < 0.001). These results further validate our initial findings that hK11 is an independent marker of favorable prognosis in ovarian cancer patients. ..
- Karagiannis G, Schaeffer D, Cho C, Musrap N, Saraon P, Batruch I, et al. Collective migration of cancer-associated fibroblasts is enhanced by overexpression of tight junction-associated proteins claudin-11 and occludin. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:178-95 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that cancer cells may induce CLDN11 overexpression and subsequent collective migration of peritumoral CAFs via TGF-? secretion. ..
- Diamandis E, Yousef G. Human tissue kallikrein gene family: a rich source of novel disease biomarkers. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2001;1:182-90 pubmed..In this review, we examine the diagnostic and prognostic value of the 15 human kallikrein genes and proteins. It is clear that at least a few members show promise of becoming novel cancer and other disease biomarkers. ..
- Diamandis E, Okui A, Mitsui S, Luo L, Soosaipillai A, Grass L, et al. Human kallikrein 11: a new biomarker of prostate and ovarian carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2002;62:295-300 pubmed..This is the first reported immunological assay for hK11. Analysis of this biomarker in serum may aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of ovarian and prostatic carcinoma. ..
- Musrap N, Tuccitto A, Karagiannis G, Saraon P, Batruch I, Diamandis E. Comparative Proteomics of Ovarian Cancer Aggregate Formation Reveals an Increased Expression of Calcium-activated Chloride Channel Regulator 1 (CLCA1). J Biol Chem. 2015;290:17218-27 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inhibitor and siRNA transfection studies demonstrated an apparent effect of CLCA1 on cancer cell aggregation. Further elucidation of the role of CLCA1 in the pathogenesis of ovarian cancer is warranted. ..
- Yu Y, Prassas I, Dimitromanolakis A, Diamandis E. Novel Biological Substrates of Human Kallikrein 7 Identified through Degradomics. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:17762-75 pubmed publisher..Similar substrate screening approaches could be applied for the discovery of biological substrates of other protease. ..
- Drucker K, Gianinni C, Decker P, Diamandis E, Scarisbrick I. Prognostic significance of multiple kallikreins in high-grade astrocytoma. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:565 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that elevations in glioblastoma KLK6, KLK7 and KLK9 protein have utility as prognostic markers of patient survival. ..