Allan S Detsky
Affiliation: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Prophylactic anticoagulation to prevent venous thromboembolism in traumatic intracranial hemorrhage: a decision analysisDamon C Scales
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Room D108, Toronto, ON, Canada
Crit Care 14:R72. 2010..Using decision analysis modeling techniques, we developed a model for examining this trade-off for trauma patients with documented ICH...
- How to be a good academic leaderAllan S Detsky
Department of Health Policy Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Suite 429, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 26:88-90. 2011..It is hoped that this experience-derived advice will help future leaders in academic medicine...
- Company stock prices before and after public announcements related to oncology drugsJeffrey M Rothenstein
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1507-12. 2011..We examined the stock prices of companies before and after public announcements regarding experimental anticancer drugs owned by the companies...
- Publishing history does not correlate with clinical performance among internal medicine residentsRodrigo B Cavalcanti
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, and University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 44:468-74. 2010..Further research is needed to identify predictors and measures of performance in scholarly activities...
- Taking the stress out of morning report: an analytic approach to the differential diagnosisAdrian G Sacher
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 24:747-51. 2009..It instills fear in both learners and teachers because they may embarrassingly miss diagnostic possibilities including even the actual diagnosis...