- Changes in distributed neural circuitry function in patients with first-episode schizophreniaA Mendrek
Department of Psychiatry, University of Montreal, Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, 7331 Hochelaga, Montreal, Quebec H1N 3V2, Canada
Br J Psychiatry 185:205-14. 2004..A number of functional brain abnormalities have been reported in schizophrenia, but it remains to be determined which of them represent trait and state markers of the illness...
- Dysfunction of a distributed neural circuitry in schizophrenia patients during a working-memory performanceA Mendrek
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Psychol Med 35:187-96. 2005....
- Limbic abnormalities in affective processing by criminal psychopaths as revealed by functional magnetic resonance imagingK A Kiehl
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 50:677-84. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These data suggest that the affective abnormalities so often observed in psychopathic offenders may be linked to deficient or weakened input from limbic structures...
- Neuronal correlates of appetite regulation in patients with schizophrenia: is there a basis for future appetite dysfunction?O Lungu
Departement de Psychiatrie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur Psychiatry 28:293-301. 2013..Given the undesired metabolic side effects of atypical antipsychotic medication it is important to understand the neuronal basis related to processing of appetite regulation in patients affected by schizophrenia...
- Neural pathways involved in the processing of concrete and abstract wordsK A Kiehl
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Hum Brain Mapp 7:225-33. 1999..The results are interpreted as support for a right hemisphere neural pathway in the processing of abstract word representations...
- Correlations between sadness-induced cerebral activations and schizophrenia symptoms: an fMRI study of sex differencesA Mendrek
Department of Psychiatry, Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Louis H Lafontaine Hospital, University of Montreal, 7331 Hochelaga, Montréal QC H1N 3V2, Canada
Eur Psychiatry 26:320-6. 2011..The aim of the present study was to investigate the relationship between cerebral activations during exposure to emotional material and schizophrenia symptoms in men versus women...
- Neural changes associated with appetite information processing in schizophrenic patients after 16 weeks of olanzapine treatmentE Stip
Department of Psychiatry, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Transl Psychiatry 2:e128. 2012..Furthermore, these changes in neuronal activity correlated with changes in some metabolites and cognitive measurements related to appetite regulation...
- [Effects of listening to previously hallucinated words by schizophrenia patients in remission: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study of six cases]L Ait Bentaleb
Psychiatre à l Hôpital Louis H Lafontaine et Chercheur Associé au Centre de Recherche Fernand Séguin, 7331 Hochelaga, Montreal, QC, H1N 3V2, Canada
Encephale 32:27-40. 2006..The specific content of AVHs persists across different psychotic episodes even after extended periods of remission. Furthermore, the AVHs are usually triggered by emotionally charged and stressful situations...