- Oral hypoglycemic agents for gestational diabetes mellitus?Ana Cristina Maymone
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:227-38. 2011..Although OHAs are seemingly as efficient as insulin and may provide better quality of life, congenital malformations and unknown long-term effects are still feared...
- Efficacy of intensive multitherapy for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trialJulie Menard
Diabetes and Metabolism Research Group, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
CMAJ 173:1457-66. 2005..We sought to determine whether a 1-year intensive multitherapy program resulted in greater goal attainment than usual care among patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- TNFα dynamics during the oral glucose tolerance test vary according to the level of insulin resistance in pregnant womenLaetitia Guillemette
Department of Medicine L G, M L M C B, J L A P P, M F H, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4 Centre de Recherché Clinique Étienne Le Bel of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke M D, J Mo, J Mé, J L A, M F H, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4 Department of Population Medicine M F H, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215 and Massachusetts General Hospital M F H, Boston, Massachusetts 02114
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:1862-9. 2014..Controversies exist concerning the role of TNFα in gestational insulin resistance. We investigated the interrelations between TNFα and insulin resistance in a large population-based cohort of pregnant women...
- Lower adiponectin levels at first trimester of pregnancy are associated with increased insulin resistance and higher risk of developing gestational diabetes mellitusMarilyn Lacroix
Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 36:1577-83. 2013....
- Comparison of foot-to-foot and hand-to-foot bioelectrical impedance methods in a population with a wide range of body mass indicesClaudia Gagnon
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Centre de Recherche Clinique Etienne Le Bel, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Canada
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 8:437-41. 2010..We aimed to compare multifrequency hand-to-foot (HF-BIA) and foot-to-foot (FF-BIA) bioelectrical impedance analysis techniques to assess fat-free mass (FFM) in a population with a wide range of body mass indices (BMI)...
- Dose-dependent delay of the hypoglycemic effect of short-acting insulin analogs in obese subjects with type 2 diabetes: a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studyMaude Gagnon-Auger
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 33:2502-7. 2010..In obese patients, however, daily dosages are larger and ATBF is decreased. This study assessed the kinetics of a short-acting insulin analog in obese subjects with type 2 diabetes...
- Dietitian-coached management in combination with annual endocrinologist follow up improves global metabolic and cardiovascular health in diabetic participants after 24 monthsMarie Claude Battista
Department of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5N4, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:610-20. 2012....