Affiliation: McMaster University
- Psychiatric organizations: influencing professional developmentPriyanthy Weerasekera
McMaster University, St. Joseph's Hospital, 301 James South, Fontbonne, F439, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 31:89-90. 2007
- Psychotherapy training for residents: reconciling requirements with evidence-based, competency-focused practicePriyanthy Weerasekera
St Joseph s Hospital, Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, 301 James Street South, Fontbonne, F439, Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 3B6 Canada
Acad Psychiatry 34:5-12. 2010..This article examines whether the therapies selected for training are evidence based and the authors review research concerning methods for training and assessment that effectively lead to competence in these psychotherapies...
- Psychotherapy training for IMGs: attending to the "how to" and "what to" teachPriyanthy Weerasekera
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 36:288-92. 2012..Given the lack of clear direction in the literature, this article presents empirically-informed guidelines relevant to the training of International Medical Graduates in psychotherapy...
- Competency assessment in the McMaster Psychotherapy ProgramPriyanthy Weerasekera
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, McMaster University, St Joseph s Hospital Fontbonne, F415 301 James St South Hamilton, ON, Canada L8P 3B6
Acad Psychiatry 27:166-73. 2003..Preliminary results with respect to resident satisfaction with the Program and resident competency in certain therapies are also discussed...
- Swimming upstream: reflections of a career educatorPriyanthy Weerasekera
McMaster University, St. Joseph's Hospital, Fontbonne, F415, 301 James St. South, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8P 3B6
Acad Psychiatry 28:344-6. 2004