G W Torrance
Affiliation: McMaster University
- A prospective, randomized, pragmatic, health outcomes trial evaluating the incorporation of hylan G-F 20 into the treatment paradigm for patients with knee osteoarthritis (Part 2 of 2): economic resultsG W Torrance
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 10:518-27. 2002..The cost effectiveness and cost utility of this new therapeutic modality were determined as part of a Canadian prospective, randomized, 1-year, open-label, multicentered trial...
- Canadian guidelines for economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals. Canadian Collaborative Workshop for PharmacoeconomicsG W Torrance
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 9:535-59. 1996..Because the methods are not country specific, the guidelines will be of interest to those in other countries as well as in Canada...
- The Erectile Function Visual Analog Scale (EF-VAS): a disease-specific utility instrument for the assessment of erectile functionR Casey
Male Health Centre, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 13:3016-25; discussion 3026. 2006..The EF-VAS represents a major advance in the science of health-related quality of life (HRQol) assessment, as it is the first validated ED-specific utility assessment reported in the literature...
- Development and testing of a utility measure for major, unipolar depression (McSad)K J Bennett
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Qual Life Res 9:109-20. 2000..To develop and test a direct utility measure (McSad) for major, unipolar depression...
- Cost effectiveness of multi-therapy treatment strategies in the prevention of vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisA J Rosner
Innovus Research Inc, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 14:559-73. 1998..The aim of this study was to evaluate the cost effectiveness of multi-therapy treatment strategies in the prevention of vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- The Health Utilities Index (HUI) system for assessing health-related quality of life in clinical studiesW J Furlong
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Ann Med 33:375-84. 2001..General population norm data are available. The widespread use of HUI facilitates the interpretation of results and permits comparisons. HUI is a useful tool for assessing health status and HRQoL in clinical studies...
- Development and initial validation of a new preference-based disease-specific health-related quality of life instrument for erectile functionG W Torrance
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Qual Life Res 13:349-59. 2004..We report on a novel approach to combine in one instrument the strengths of the specific approach, greater disease relevance and responsiveness, with those of preference-based scoring, generalizability through utilities...
- Improvement in health utility among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with adalimumab (a human anti-TNF monoclonal antibody) plus methotrexateG W Torrance
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:712-8. 2004....
- The revised Canadian Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of PharmaceuticalsJ L Glennie
J L Glennie Consulting Inc, Orleans, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 15:459-68. 1999....
- A prospective, randomized, pragmatic, health outcomes trial evaluating the incorporation of hylan G-F 20 into the treatment paradigm for patients with knee osteoarthritis (Part 1 of 2): clinical resultsJ P Raynauld
Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 10:506-17. 2002..Second, to utilize the measures of effectiveness and costs in an economic evaluation (see accompanying manuscript)...
- Cost-effectiveness of Apligraf in the treatment of venous leg ulcersR G Sibbald
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Ostomy Wound Manage 47:36-46. 2001..The results come from a model that is based on a series of estimates and assumptions, and accordingly, confirmation of this finding in a prospective study is encouraged...
- Evaluation of WOMAC 20, 50, 70 response criteria in patients treated with hylan G-F 20 for knee osteoarthritisN Bellamy
CONROD, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Queensland, Level 3, Mayne Medical School, Herston Road, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 64:881-5. 2005..A secondary analysis of a previously conducted one year randomised controlled trial to evaluate the capacity of responder criteria based on the WOMAC index to detect between treatment group differences...
- Effectiveness and safety of repeat courses of hylan G-F 20 in patients with knee osteoarthritisJ P Raynauld
Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 13:111-9. 2005..Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2002;10:506-17]. The hypotheses tested were whether the single-course and repeat-course subgroups would be superior to appropriate care and not different from each other...
- Letter to the Editor: Reply to the letter by Max I. HamburgerJ-P Raynauld
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 13:1037-8; author reply 1039-40. 2005