Graham R Scott
Affiliation: McMaster University
- How bar-headed geese fly over the HimalayasGraham R Scott
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Physiology (Bethesda) 30:107-15. 2015....
- Evolution of salinity tolerance from transcriptome to physiological systemGraham R Scott
Department of Biology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
Mol Ecol 22:3656-8. 2013..The work of Whitehead et al. therefore emphasizes how the mechanisms of adaptive divergence between populations can be expanded over time to produce the more complex differences that can exist between species...
- Temperature during embryonic development has persistent effects on thermal acclimation capacity in zebrafishGraham R Scott
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14247-52. 2012..Developmental plasticity may thus help some ectothermic organisms cope with the more variable temperatures that are expected under future climate-change scenarios...
- Elevated performance: the unique physiology of birds that fly at high altitudesGraham R Scott
Department of Biology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
J Exp Biol 214:2455-62. 2011..Disentangling these roles will be instrumental if we are to understand the physiological basis of altitudinal range limits and how they might shift in response to climate change...
- Regulation of gill transcellular permeability and renal function during acute hypoxia in the Amazonian oscar (Astronotus ocellatus): new angles to the osmorespiratory compromiseChris M Wood
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8S 4K1
J Exp Biol 212:1949-64. 2009....
- Rapid regulation of Na+ fluxes and ammonia excretion in response to acute environmental hypoxia in the Amazonian oscar, Astronotus ocellatusChris M Wood
Dept of Biology, McMaster Univ, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R2048-58. 2007..Overall, the oscar maintains excellent homeostasis of ionoregulation and N-balance during severe hypoxia...