Affiliation: McMaster University
- Ventricular tachycardia in pregnant patientsRouslan Kotchetkov
Department of Medicine
Clin Med Insights Cardiol 4:39-44. 2010..Two cases of ventricular tachycardia in pregnant patients with structurally normal hearts are presented and an approach to diagnosis and management of such patients are discussed...
- Acute coronary syndrome in pregnancyDouglas Wright
Departments of Medicine
Clin Med Cardiol 3:125-31. 2009..The present report describes a 39 year-old woman that is seven weeks pregnant presenting with a non ST elevation myocardial infarction. The incidence, risk factors, pathophysiology and management of ACS in pregnancy are discussed...
- Tricuspid annular systolic velocity predicts maximal oxygen consumption during exercise in adult patients with repaired tetralogy of FallotOmid Salehian
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:342-6. 2008..Newer Doppler modalities such as Doppler tissue imaging (DTI) can detect subtle changes in myocardial velocities and may better identify subclinical RV dysfunction in these patients...
- Left ventricular dysfunction and mortality in adult patients with Eisenmenger syndromeOmid Salehian
McMaster University, Department of Medicine, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Congenit Heart Dis 2:156-64. 2007..To identify risk factors associated with mortality in adult patients with Eisenmenger syndrome and to assess the effect of left ventricular dysfunction on mortality in these patients...
- Impact of ramipril on the incidence of atrial fibrillation: results of the Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation studyOmid Salehian
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 154:448-53. 2007..We evaluated the effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor ramipril on the incidence of atrial fibrillation (AF) in patients enrolled in the Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation trial...
- Comparison of echocardiographic and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging for assessing right ventricular function in adults with repaired tetralogy of fallotMarkus Schwerzmann
Division of Cardiology, Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 99:1593-7. 2007..In conclusion, the Doppler-derived MPI is a simple and reliable method for the evaluation of RV systolic function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot...
- Warfarin after anterior myocardial infarction in current era of dual antiplatelet therapy: a randomized feasibility trialJon David R Schwalm
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, 5th Floor, McMaster Clinic, 237 Barton Street East, Hamilton, ON L8L 2X2, Canada
J Thromb Thrombolysis 30:127-32. 2010..The purpose of this study is to assess the feasibility of evaluating the added benefit and safety of triple therapy (TT-warfarin, ASA, and clopidogrel) versus dual therapy (DT-ASA and clopidogrel) in patients at risk of LVT post aSTEMI...
- Improvements in cardiac form and function after transcatheter closure of secundum atrial septal defectsOmid Salehian
Toronto Congenital Center for Adults and Echocardiography Laboratory, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:499-504. 2005..We set out to study the effect of transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect (ASD) on right ventricular (RV) and left ventricular (LV) function assessed by myocardial performance index (MPI), as well as left atrial (LA) volumes...
- Intracardiac thrombus in adults with the Fontan circulationWendy Tsang
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiol Young 17:646-51. 2007..To determine the treatment and outcomes of a cohort of adults with the Fontan circulation diagnosed with intracardiac thrombus...
- Measures of cardiovascular risk and subclinical atherosclerosis in a cohort of women with a remote history of preeclampsiaSarah D McDonald
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Radiology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Atherosclerosis 229:234-9. 2013..Women with a history of preeclampsia are at higher risk of future cardiovascular disease (CVD). The degree to which this is mediated by atherosclerosis is less understood, especially after several decades...
- The prognostic significance of bundle branch block in high-risk chronic stable vascular disease patients: a report from the HOPE trialGlen Sumner
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:781-7. 2009....
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with transposition of the great arteries and arterial switch operationDaniel Tobler
Division of Cardiology, The University of Toronto Pregnancy Heart Disease Program and the Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto General and Mount Sinai Hospitals, Toronto, Canada
Am J Cardiol 106:417-20. 2010..A significant proportion have residua and/or sequelae that can confer risk for adverse cardiac events in pregnancy. Co-ordinated care between a congenital heart disease specialist and a high-risk obstetrician should be implemented...
- Assessment of systemic right ventricular function in patients with transposition of the great arteries using the myocardial performance index: comparison with cardiac magnetic resonance imagingOmid Salehian
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Center for Adults and Echocardiographic Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 110:3229-33. 2004..We set out to compare MPI and CMR assessment of systemic RV function in patients with TGA...
- Tricuspid valve disruption and ventricular septal defect secondary to blunt chest traumaOmid Salehian
Division of Cardiology, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 20:231-2. 2004..An unusual case of blunt thoracic injury is presented, highlighting the importance of echocardiography in the assessment of patients with suspected cardiac trauma...
- Ventricular septal defect secondary to penetrating trauma without pericardial effusionOmid Salehian
Division of Cardiology, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:1437-9. 2003..An unusual case of penetrating cardiac trauma is presented that highlights the importance of thorough echocardiographic assessment of such patients...
- Hazards of percutaneous PFO closureMarkus Schwerzmann
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:393-5. 2005
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the main pulmonary artery in adults: coronary collateralization at its bestMarkus Schwerzmann
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, UHN Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth St, Eaton North 12 220, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Circulation 110:e511-3. 2004