Leslea J Peirson
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Interventions for prevention and treatment of tobacco smoking in school-aged children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysisLeslea Peirson
McMaster Evidence Review and Synthesis Centre, McMaster University, 1280 Main St W, McMaster Innovation Park, Room 207A, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Health Sciences Centre Room HSC 3N25F, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada Electronic address
Prev Med 85:20-31. 2016..To determine the effectiveness of primary health care relevant interventions to prevent and treat tobacco smoking in school-aged children and adolescents...
- Supporting collaborative use of the Diabetes Population Risk Tool (DPoRT) in health-related practice: a multiple case study research protocolLaura Rosella
Public Health Ontario, Santé publique Ontario, 480 University Avenue, Suite 300, Toronto, ON M5G 1V2, Canada
Implement Sci 9:35. 2014....
- Community-based interventions for enhancing access to or consumption of fruit and vegetables among five to 18-year olds: a scoping reviewRebecca Ganann
Effective Public Health Practice Project, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:711. 2012..The purpose of this scoping review is to identify and map literature that has evaluated effects of community-based interventions designed to increase FV access or consumption among five to 18-year olds...
- The Registry of Knowledge Translation Methods and Tools: a resource to support evidence-informed public healthLeslea Peirson
McMaster Evidence Review and Synthesis Centre, McMaster University, Downtown Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Int J Public Health 58:493-500. 2013..This paper examines the development of a globally accessible online Registry of Knowledge Translation Methods and Tools to support evidence-informed public health...
- Screening for cervical cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisLeslea Peirson
McMaster Evidence Review and Synthesis Centre MERSC, 1280 Main Street West, DTC 322, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
Syst Rev 2:35. 2013..In this article we highlight three questions covered in the full review that pertain to the effectiveness of screening for reducing cervical cancer mortality and incidence as well as optimal timing and frequency of screening...
- Building capacity for evidence informed decision making in public health: a case study of organizational changeLeslea Peirson
McMaster University School of Nursing, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:137. 2012..This research was conducted to explore and describe critical factors and dynamics in the early implementation of one public health unit's strategic initiative to develop capacity to make EIDM standard practice...
- An ecological process model of systems changeLeslea J Peirson
School of Nursing and the National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Am J Community Psychol 47:307-21. 2011..We conclude by identifying salient implications for thinking and action which flow from the Model...
- Enhancing nutritional environments through access to fruit and vegetables in schools and homes among children and youth: a systematic reviewRebecca Ganann
Effective Public Health Practice Project, McMaster University, Room HSC 3 N25, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4 K1, Canada
BMC Res Notes 7:422. 2014..The purpose of this review is to examine the effects of interventions delivered in the home, school and other nutritional environments designed to increase FV availability for five to 18-year olds...