Leslea J Peirson
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Community-based interventions for enhancing access to or consumption of fruit and vegetables among five to 18-year olds: a scoping reviewRebecca Ganann
Effective Public Health Practice Project, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:711. 2012..The purpose of this scoping review is to identify and map literature that has evaluated effects of community-based interventions designed to increase FV access or consumption among five to 18-year olds...
- The Registry of Knowledge Translation Methods and Tools: a resource to support evidence-informed public healthLeslea Peirson
McMaster Evidence Review and Synthesis Centre, McMaster University, Downtown Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Int J Public Health 58:493-500. 2013..This paper examines the development of a globally accessible online Registry of Knowledge Translation Methods and Tools to support evidence-informed public health...
- Screening for cervical cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisLeslea Peirson
McMaster Evidence Review and Synthesis Centre MERSC, 1280 Main Street West, DTC 322, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
Syst Rev 2:35. 2013..In this article we highlight three questions covered in the full review that pertain to the effectiveness of screening for reducing cervical cancer mortality and incidence as well as optimal timing and frequency of screening...
- Building capacity for evidence informed decision making in public health: a case study of organizational changeLeslea Peirson
McMaster University School of Nursing, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:137. 2012..This research was conducted to explore and describe critical factors and dynamics in the early implementation of one public health unit's strategic initiative to develop capacity to make EIDM standard practice...
- An ecological process model of systems changeLeslea J Peirson
School of Nursing and the National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Am J Community Psychol 47:307-21. 2011..We conclude by identifying salient implications for thinking and action which flow from the Model...