Alan J Neville
Affiliation: McMaster University
- The value of basic science in clinical diagnosisNicole N Woods
University of Toronto, Wilson Centre, 200 Elizabeth Street, Eaton South 1 565, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Acad Med 81:S124-7. 2006..There has been no experimental demonstration of its value in helping students recall and organize clinical information. This study examines how causal knowledge may lead to better recall and diagnostic skill over time...
- PBL in the undergraduate MD program at McMaster University: three iterations in three decadesAlan J Neville
Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Acad Med 82:370-4. 2007..This article briefly reviews the history of the development of the undergraduate MD program at McMaster and the three curricula that have been developed during the past three decades...
- In the age of professionalism, student harassment is alive and wellAlan J Neville
Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West MDCL 3110, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Med Educ 42:447-8. 2008
- Problem-based learning and medical education forty years on. A review of its effects on knowledge and clinical performanceAlan J Neville
McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Med Princ Pract 18:1-9. 2009....
- The supportive care needs of family members of men with advanced prostate cancerNancy Carter
Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Can Oncol Nurs J 20:166-76. 2010..Implications for practice to improve supportive care services for families affected by APC are provided...
- Expert-novice differences in memory: a reformulationKevin W Eva
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, T 13, Room 101, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
Teach Learn Med 14:257-63. 2002..One of the most discriminating measures of expertise in multiple domains has been performance on memory tasks. In medicine, however, the relation between expertise and memory is more equivocal...
- Using a sampling strategy to address psychometric challenges in tutorial-based assessmentsKevin W Eva
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Program for Educational Research and Development, MDCL 3510, McMaster University, L8N 3Z5, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 12:19-33. 2007..The current study was performed in an attempt to assess the psychometric characteristics of tutorial-based evaluation upon adopting a multiple sampling approach that requires minimal recording of observations...