D W Molloy
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Assessment of patient capacity to consent to treatmentE Etchells
Department of Medicine, The Toronto Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 14:27-34. 1999..Clinicians can use these practical, flexible, and evaluated measures as the initial step in the assessment of patient capacity to consent to treatment...
- Assessing the quality of drug detailingWilliam Molloy
Geriatric Research Group, McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences, Henderson Site, 711 Concession Street, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 55:825-32. 2002..64, P <.0001, presentation time, F(2, 118) = 9.98, P <.0001, pharmaceutical representative, F(4, 118) = 9.58, P <.0001, and physician rating the detail, F(109, 118) = 1.94, P <.0001...
- Systematic implementation of an advance directive program in nursing homes: a randomized controlled trialD W Molloy
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 283:1437-44. 2000..Although advance directives are commonly used in the community, little is known about the effects of their systematic implementation...
- Implementation of advance directives among community-dwelling veteransD W Molloy
Geriatric Research Group, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, Ontario, Canada
Gerontologist 40:213-7. 2000..This response pattern was consistent among those who completed and those who did not complete directives...
- Determinants and detection of low body mass index in community-dwelling adults with Alzheimer's diseaseM Bedard
St Joseph s Health Care System Research Network, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Int Psychogeriatr 12:87-98. 2000....
- Effect of a new nootropic agent, CGS 5649B, on cognition, function, and behavior in dementiaD W Molloy
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 8:444-7. 1993..In the group analysis none of the differences achieved statistical significance. The authors conclude that CGS 5649B had a favorable impact on behavior for two of 32 patients...
- The Zarit Burden Interview: a new short version and screening versionM Bedard
Department of Research, Lakehead Psychiatric Hospital, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Gerontologist 41:652-7. 2001....
- Effects of acute exposure to aluminum on cognition in humansD W Molloy
St Peter s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:2011-9. 2007..Further inquiry is required to explore any possible association between aluminum and cognition, but controlled trials may be limited by safety concerns...
- The self-perceived role and educational needs of pharmaceutical representatives: a surveyM J O'Donnell
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Henderson Site, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Educ Health (Abingdon) 17:339-45. 2004....
- Lack of association between vascular dementia and Chlamydia pneumoniae infection: a case-control studySoo Chan Carusone
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, 1200 Main St W, L8N 3Z5 Hamilton, Canada
BMC Neurol 4:15. 2004..pneumoniae may play a role in vascular dementia. The objective of this study was to determine if there was an association between serological evidence of C. pneumoniae infection or inflammatory markers with vascular dementia...
- Physician supply: future tenseMichael J Borrie
CMAJ 169:752; author reply 752-3. 2003