Affiliation: McMaster University
- Using and interpreting cost-effectiveness acceptability curves: an example using data from a trial of management strategies for atrial fibrillationElisabeth Fenwick
Public Health and Health Policy, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 6:52. 2006..The objective of the paper is to illustrate how to construct and interpret a CEAC...
- Potential cost-effectiveness of one-time screening for lung cancer (LC) in a high risk cohortD Marshall
Bayer Diagnostics, Emeryville, CA, USA
Lung Cancer 32:227-36. 2001..Based on the assumptions embedded in this model, one-time screening of elderly high-risk patients for LC appears to be cost-effective...
- How do physician assessments of patient preferences for colorectal cancer screening tests differ from actual preferences? A comparison in Canada and the United States using a stated-choice surveyDeborah A Marshall
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Health Econ 18:1420-39. 2009..We compared utility-based preferences for alternative CRC screening tests from a stated-preference discrete-choice survey of the general population and physicians in Canada and the United States...
- Measuring patient preferences for colorectal cancer screening using a choice-format surveyDeborah A Marshall
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Value Health 10:415-30. 2007..Our objective is to examine patient preferences for CRC screening modalities and uptake rates using utility-based methods...
- The effects of coxib formulary restrictions on analgesic use and cost: regional evidence from CanadaDeborah A Marshall
Centre for Evaluation of Medicines, 105 Main Street East, Level P1, Hamilton, ON L8N 1G6, Canada
Health Policy 84:1-13. 2007..Ontario required physicians to submit the clinical indications for their use on the prescription. British Columbia required physicians to seek and receive prior authorisation from the drug plan...
- Economic decision analysis model of screening for lung cancerD Marshall
McMaster University and Center for Evaluation of Medicines, McMaster University, 105 Main Street East, Level P1, ON, L8N 1G6, Hamilton, Canada
Eur J Cancer 37:1759-67. 2001....
- Cost-effectiveness of rhythm versus rate control in atrial fibrillationDeborah A Marshall
Center for Evaluation of Medicine, McMaster University and St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ann Intern Med 141:653-61. 2004..Consequently, economic factors often play a role in guiding treatment selection...
- Review of economic evaluations of radiofrequency catheter ablation for cardiac arrhythmiasDeborah A Marshall
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University and Centre for Evaluation of Medicines, St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:1285-304. 2003....
- Handling uncertainty in economic evaluations of patient level data: a review of the use of Bayesian methods to inform health technology assessmentsC Elizabeth McCarron
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Programs for Assessment of Technology in Health PATH Research Institute, Ontario, Canada
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 25:546-54. 2009..The results serve both as a reference and as a means by which to examine the appropriate application of Bayesian methods to inform decision making...
- Guidelines for conducting pharmaceutical budget impact analyses for submission to public drug plans in CanadaDeborah A Marshall
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, i3 Innovus, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 26:477-95. 2008..Both have been endorsed by the NPDUIS Steering Committee and the PMPRB for the standardization of BIA submissions...
- Resistance to antibiotics: administrative response to the challengeDeborah A Marshall
Research and Development, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Innovus Research Inc, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Manag Care Interface 17:20-9. 2004....
- Design and analysis issues for economic analysis alongside clinical trialsDeborah A Marshall
Centre for Evaluation of Medicines, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Med Care 47:S14-20. 2009..Clinical trials can offer a valuable and efficient opportunity to collect the health resource use and outcomes data for economic evaluation. However, economic and clinical studies differ fundamentally in the question they seek to answer...
- Economic evaluation of controlled-release oxycodone vs oxycodone-acetaminophen for osteoarthritis pain of the hip or kneeDeborah A Marshall
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, i3 Innovus Research Inc, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Am J Manag Care 12:205-14. 2006..To examine, in routine practice, the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of oxycodone (OxyContin) compared with standard therapy for osteoarthritis pain...
- Assessing the impact of censoring of costs and effects on health-care decision-making: an example using the Atrial Fibrillation Follow-up Investigation of Rhythm Management (AFFIRM) studyElisabeth Fenwick
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Value Health 11:365-75. 2008....
- Therapies for treatment of osteoporosis in US women: cost-effectiveness and budget impact considerationsAnna N A Tosteson
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, and The Dartmouth Institute of Health Policy and Clinical Practice ANAT, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:605-15. 2008..To evaluate the cost-effectiveness of osteoporosis treatments for women at high fracture risk and estimate the population-level impact of providing bisphosphonate therapy to all eligible high-risk US women...