Affiliation: McMaster University
- Generality of the final size formula for an epidemic of a newly invading infectious diseaseJunling Ma
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada, L8S 4K1
Bull Math Biol 68:679-702. 2006....
- The evolution of resource adaptation: how generalist and specialist consumers evolveJunling Ma
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, L8S 4K1, Canada
Bull Math Biol 68:1111-23. 2006..If the switching cost is large, specialists always evolve. If the switching cost is small, even though the consumer will first evolve toward a generalist strategy, it will eventually branch into two specialists...
- Epidemic threshold conditions for seasonally forced seir modelsJunling Ma
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON Canada L8S 4K1
Math Biosci Eng 3:161-72. 2006..Otherwise, R' < 1 is sufficient but not necessary for extinction. Thus, reducing R' of the average system to less than 1 is sufficient to prevent or curtail the spread of an endemic disease...
- Case fatality proportionJunling Ma
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada
Bull Math Biol 70:118-33. 2008..The derived expressions for case fatality can be used to estimate the disease induced death rates from more readily available data...
- The role of reproductive phenology, seedling emergence and establishment of perennial Salix gordejevii in active sand dune fieldsQiaoling Yan
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Ann Bot 99:19-28. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the role of sexual reproduction of the perennial Salix gordejevii in the revegetation of active dunes...