C J Longo
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Financial and family burden associated with cancer treatment in Ontario, CanadaChristopher J Longo
Health Services Management, DeGroote School of Business MGD 210, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Support Care Cancer 14:1077-85. 2006..A questionnaire was developed to determine the direct monthly "out-of-pocket costs" (OOPC), the indirect costs, and the associated perceived family burden...
- An examination of cancer patients' monthly 'out-of-pocket' costs in Ontario, CanadaC J Longo
Strategic Market Leadership and Health Services Management, DeGroote School of Business MGD 210, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 16:500-7. 2007..Many of these costs were for items not traditionally covered by public healthcare financing systems, raising important issues around defining 'medically necessary' care and the role of government...
- A long-term follow-up study investigating health-related quality of life and resource use in survivors of severe sepsis: comparison of recombinant human activated protein C with standard careChristopher J Longo
McMaster University, Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8S 4M4
Crit Care 11:R128. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate prospectively the effect of APC on long-term HRQoL and resource utilization compared with a nonrandomized control group that received standard care...
- Universal or targeted screening for fetal alcohol exposure: a cost-effectiveness analysisRobert B Hopkins
Program for Assessment of Technology in Health, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, 25 Main Street West, Suite 2000, Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 2A1, Canada
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:510-9. 2008..In this article, we compared the costs of testing meconium for alcohol exposure in newborns with the lifetime benefits of early detection and intervention...
- The economic value of a new insulin preparation, Humalog Mix 25. Measured by a willingness-to-pay approachG Dranitsaris
Department of Pharmaceutical Services, University Health Network Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 18:275-87. 2000..To measure the economic value of a new insulin formulation consisting of rapid-acting insulin lispro and intermediate-acting neutral protamine lispro in a 25:75 ratio (Humalog Mix 25)...
- Patient characteristics and costs of severe sepsis and septic shock in QuebecJacques Letarte
Nextractor Inc, Montreal, Quebec
J Crit Care 17:39-49. 2002..We investigated the cost of health care resources for the treatment of severe sepsis and/or septic shock patients...