Hmwe Hmwe Kyu
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Maternal smoking, biofuel smoke exposure and child height-for-age in seven developing countriesHmwe Hmwe Kyu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences and Offord Centre for Child Studies, Hamilton Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Int J Epidemiol 38:1342-50. 2009..This study examines whether exposure to cigarette and biofuel smoke is associated with height-for-age of children (0-59 months) in seven developing countries...
- Artemisinin derivatives versus quinine for cerebral malaria in African children: a systematic reviewHmwe Hmwe Kyu
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada
Bull World Health Organ 87:896-904. 2009..To summarize the existing evidence on the efficacy of artemether and arteether, two artemisinin derivatives, versus quinine for treating cerebral malaria in children...
- Biofuel smoke and child anemia in 29 developing countries: a multilevel analysisHmwe Hmwe Kyu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences and Offord Centre for Child Studies, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ann Epidemiol 20:811-7. 2010..In this study we examined the effect of biofuel smoke exposure at the national and child levels on child anemia...
- Age at immigration to Canada and the occurrence of mood, anxiety, and substance use disordersBeth Patterson
Student, Health Research Methodology Program, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario Research Nurse, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 58:210-7. 2013..These findings speak to the importance of developing and evaluating targeted prevention programs for young immigrant children and adolescents...
- Evaluation of the association between long-lasting insecticidal nets mass distribution campaigns and child malaria in NigeriaHmwe Hmwe Kyu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University and Offord Centre for Child Studies, Hamilton, ON, L8S 4K1, Canada
Malar J 12:14. 2013..The objective of this study was to evaluate the association between LLIN distribution campaigns and child malaria in Nigeria...