Affiliation: McMaster University
- Shampoo after craniotomy: a pilot studySandra Ireland
Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton General Hospital, ON
Can J Neurosci Nurs 29:14-9. 2007..of this study were to 1) determine the effect of postoperative hair-washing on incision infection and HRQOL, 2) provide evidence to support postoperative patient hygienic care, and 3) develop neurosurgical nursing research capacity..
- Designing a falls prevention strategy that worksSandra Ireland
Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Care Qual 25:198-207. 2010....
- Integrating self-efficacy and aging theories to promote behavior change and reduce stroke riskSandra E Ireland
Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON, Canada
J Neurosci Nurs 38:300-8. 2006....
- Stroke prevention care delivery: predictors of risk factor management outcomesSandra E Ireland
Hamilton Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton General Hospital, Room 722, 7 North, 237 Barton Street East, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8K 2X2
Int J Nurs Stud 48:156-64. 2011....
- Nurse case management to improve risk reduction outcomes in a stroke prevention clinicSandra Ireland
McMaster University, Hamilton General Site, Hamilton Health Sciences, ON
Can J Neurosci Nurs 32:7-13. 2010..At six months, there were significant reductions in blood pressure and increases in medication self-efficacy and adherence for selected clients identified with high risk for stroke and non-achievement of treatment outcomes...
- Tailored interventions to improve hypertension management after stroke or TIA--phase II (TIMS II)Gail MacKenzie
Hamilton Health Sciences General Site, Stroke Prevention Clinic, Level 1, East Wing, 237 Barton Street East, Hamilton, ON L8L 2X2
Can J Neurosci Nurs 35:27-34. 2013..Health care providers need effective screening processes to identify those clients at highest risk of not achieving BP targets and those clients at highest risk ofnon-adherence to medication...
- Detecting cognitive impairment in clients with mild stroke or transient ischemic attack attending a stroke prevention clinicGail MacKenzie
Stroke Prevention Clinic, Hamilton Health Sciences General Site, Hamilton, ON
Can J Neurosci Nurs 33:47-50. 2011..Further investigation is underway to determine the implications of these deficits on SPC clients' abilities to follow medication and other treatment regimens...
- Using Stake's qualitative case study approach to explore implementation of evidence-based practiceSheryl L Boblin
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 23:1267-75. 2013..We focus on our decisions and their congruence with Stake's recommendations, embed our decisions within the context of researching this phenomenon, describe rationale for our decisions, and present lessons learned. ..
- The real world journey of implementing fall prevention best practices in three acute care hospitals: a case studySandra Ireland
McMaster University School of Nursing, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 10:95-103. 2013..This study was designed to provide insight into the real world of implementation of best practices in fall prevention in acute care Canadian hospitals...