Affiliation: McMaster University
- Social isolation in older adults who are frequent users of primary care servicesCarri Hand
Assistant Clinical Professor in the School of Rehabilitation Science at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ont
Can Fam Physician 60:e322-9. 2014..To describe older adults who are frequent users of primary care services and to explore associations between the number of primary care visits per year and multiple dimensions that define social isolation...
- Renegotiating environments to achieve participation: A metasynthesis of qualitative chronic disease researchCarri L Hand
Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Can J Occup Ther 80:251-62. 2013..Qualitative studies describe environmental influences on participation in adults with chronic disease, but translating these findings into practice can be difficult...
- Neighbourhood influences on participation in activities among older adults with chronic health conditionsCarri Hand
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, 1400 Main St W, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 1C7, Canada
Health Place 18:869-76. 2012..Changes to neighbourhood characteristics have the potential to facilitate participation in daily activities for older adults with chronic health conditions...
- Small business employers' views on hiring individuals with mental illnessCarri Hand
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Rehabil J 29:166-73. 2006..Methods to decrease stigma are discussed...
- Construct validity of the late life function and disability instrument for adults with chronic conditionsCarri Hand
School of Rehabilitaton Science, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 1C7
Disabil Rehabil 32:50-6. 2010..To evaluate the validity of the late life function and disability instrument (LLFDI) when applied to adults aged 44-65 years with chronic conditions...
- An agenda for occupational therapy's contribution to collaborative chronic disease researchCarri L Hand
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, 1400 Main St W Hamilton, ON, L8S 1C7
Can J Occup Ther 78:147-55. 2011..There is limited high-quality evidence to support practice in this area. Occupational therapists can play a significant role in this area of practice and research...
- Occupational therapy interventions for chronic diseases: a scoping reviewCarri Hand
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, IAHS 403, 1400 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 1C7
Am J Occup Ther 65:428-36. 2011..We reviewed the evidence regarding the effectiveness of community occupational therapy interventions, delivered alone or within a multidisciplinary team, in improving occupational outcomes for adults with selected chronic diseases...