A R Gross
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Manual therapy for mechanical neck disorders: a systematic reviewA R Gross
Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Man Ther 7:131-49. 2002..Manipulation and mobilization alone appear to be less effective. Factorial design would help delineate the magnitude of effect for each component of care...
- A Cochrane review of manipulation and mobilization for mechanical neck disordersAnita R Gross
McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Institute of Applied Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1541-8. 2004..Our systematic review of randomized trials assessed whether manipulation and mobilization relieve pain or improve function/disability, patient satisfaction, and global perceived effect in adults with mechanical neck disorders...
- Patient education for neck painAnita Gross
School of Rehabilitation Science and Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD005106. 2012..Neck disorders are common, disabling, and costly. The effectiveness of patient education strategies is unclear...
- Clinical practice guideline on the use of manipulation or mobilization in the treatment of adults with mechanical neck disordersA R Gross
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Man Ther 7:193-205. 2002..Pain, function, patient satisfaction and adverse events were appraised...
- Manipulation or mobilisation for neck pain: a Cochrane ReviewAnita Gross
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, 1400 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 1C7, Canada
Man Ther 15:315-33. 2010..6% treatment advantage) and increased function (NNT 5; 40.6% treatment advantage) in acute pain and immediate pain reduction in chronic neck pain (NNT 5; 29% treatment advantage). Optimal technique and dose need to be determined...
- Conservative management of mechanical neck disorders: a systematic reviewAnita R Gross
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Occupational Health and Environmental Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 34:1083-102. 2007....
- Knowledge to action: a challenge for neck pain treatmentAnita R Gross
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, 1400 Main Street W, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 39:351-63. 2009..This clinical commentary guides clinicians to view the evidence in enough detail to integrate it into their clinical practice environment. We conclude by delineating research gaps and proposing future research directions...
- A survey to examine attitudes and patterns of practice of physiotherapists who perform cervical spine manipulationL Hurley
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Man Ther 7:10-8. 2002..Feedback from this survey will be used in developing a CSM CPG. A future survey will evaluate changes in clinical practice and in attitudes toward CPGs some time after the dissemination of the CSM CPG...
- Acupuncture for neck disordersK V Trinh
McMaster University, DeGroote School of Medicine, Office of MD Admissions, 1200 Main Street West, MDCL 3112, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD004870. 2006..This review summarizes the most current scientific evidence on the effectiveness of acupuncture for acute, subacute and chronic neck pain...
- Mechanical traction for mechanical neck disorders: a systematic reviewNadine Graham
School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, and St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Canada
J Rehabil Med 38:145-52. 2006..To assess whether mechanical traction, either alone or in combination with other treatments, improves pain, function/disability, patient satisfaction and global perceived effect in adults with mechanical neck disorders...
- Medicinal and injection therapies for mechanical neck disorders: a Cochrane systematic reviewPaul M Peloso
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California, USA
J Rheumatol 33:957-67. 2006....
- A Cochrane review of electrotherapy for mechanical neck disordersPeter Kroeling
Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:E641-8. 2005..Systematic review...
- Massage for mechanical neck disorders: a systematic reviewJeanette Ezzo
JPS Enterprises, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:353-62. 2007..Systematic review...