P V Grootendorst
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Impact of reference-based pricing of nitrates on the use and costs of anti-anginal drugsP V Grootendorst
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, and Centre for Evaluation of Medicines, St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ont
CMAJ 165:1011-9. 2001..We estimated the effect of reference-based pricing of nitrate drugs used for long-term prophylaxis on prescribing of and expenditures on nitrates and other anti-anginal drugs dispensed to senior citizens in British Columbia...
- Beneficiary cost sharing under Canadian provincial prescription drug benefit programs: history and assessmentPaul Grootendorst
McMaster University and Centre for Evaluation of Medicines, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 9:79-99. 2002..Each province has, however, provided coverage to senior citizens and social assistance recipients; some provinces have introduced drug coverage for the general public...
- Health care policy evaluation using longitudinal insurance claims data: an application of the panel Tobit estimatorP V Grootendorst
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Health Econ 6:365-82. 1997..Little evidence of transitory effects to insurance coverage was found. Finally, the extension of insurance has made only a minor contribution to growth in seniors' drug use, relative to secular growth in drug use over time...
- Effect of copayments on drug use in the presence of annual payment limitsGeorge Kephart
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Am J Manag Care 13:328-34. 2007....
- A re-examination of the impact of reference pricing on anti-hypertensive drug plan expenditures in British ColumbiaPaul Grootendorst
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Health Econ 15:735-42. 2006..We find that controlling for such factors reduces estimates of drug plan savings attributable to RP of the Calcium Channel Blockers by about half...
- Impact of administrative restrictions on antibiotic use and expenditure in Ontario: time series analysisDeborah Marshall
Innovus Research Inc, 1016 A Sutton Drive, Burlington, Ontario L7L 6B8, Canada
J Health Serv Res Policy 11:13-20. 2006..Our objective was to determine the impact of this policy on the volume and cost of antibiotic prescribing...
- Estimating the price elasticity of expenditure for prescription drugs in the presence of non-linear price schedules: an illustration from Quebec, CanadaPaul Contoyannis
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis, McMaster University, Canada
Health Econ 14:909-23. 2005..Our preferred specification leads to expenditure elasticities that are in the low range of previous estimates (between -0.12 and -0.16). Naïve OLS estimates are between 1 and 4 times these magnitudes...
- Net health plan savings from reference pricing for angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in elderly British Columbia residentsSebastian Schneeweiss
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02120, USA
Med Care 42:653-60. 2004..Critics argued that drug plan savings are offset by administrative costs and increased spending on other health services...
- The effects of drug subsidies on out-of-pocket prescription drug expenditures by seniors: regional evidence from CanadaSule Alan
Department of Economics, York University, Toronto, Canada
J Health Econ 21:805-26. 2002..Such evidence may have relevance for predicting the redistributive effects of a potential national prescription drug plan for seniors in the US...
- The effects of coxib formulary restrictions on analgesic use and cost: regional evidence from CanadaDeborah A Marshall
Centre for Evaluation of Medicines, 105 Main Street East, Level P1, Hamilton, ON L8N 1G6, Canada
Health Policy 84:1-13. 2007..Ontario required physicians to submit the clinical indications for their use on the prescription. British Columbia required physicians to seek and receive prior authorisation from the drug plan...
- Effects of prescription drug user fees on drug and health services use and on health status in vulnerable populations: a systematic review of the evidenceJoel Lexchin
School of Health Policy and Management at York University, Toronto, Canada
Int J Health Serv 34:101-22. 2004..Cost sharing also leads to patients foregoing essential medications and to a decline in health care status...
- Coding accuracy of administrative drug claims in the Ontario Drug Benefit databaseAdrian R Levy
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 10:67-71. 2003....
- Validity of self-reported prescription drug insurance coveragePaul Grootendorst
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2S2
Health Rep 14:35-46. 2003..This article assesses the validity of prescription drug insurance coverage as self-reported in the 1996/97 National Population Health Survey (NPHS)...
- Dental insurance, income and the use of dental care in CanadaTaimur Bhatti
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 73:57. 2007....