P M Ellis
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Diffusion and dissemination of evidence-based dietary strategies for the prevention of cancerDonna Ciliska
School of Nursing, McMaster University, 1200 Main St W Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 3Z5, Canada
Nutr J 4:13. 2005..The purpose was to determine what strategies have been evaluated to disseminate cancer control interventions that promote the uptake of adult healthy diet?..
- Advocacy for clinical trials: do the Royal Colleges and State cancer councils play an appropriate role?P M Ellis
Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada
Aust N Z J Public Health 25:9-11. 2001..Endorsement of clinical trials by prominent local or national organisations may help to promote public awareness of and enhance patient and doctor participation in randomised trials...
- Randomized clinical trials in oncology: understanding and attitudes predict willingness to participateP M Ellis
Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 19:3554-61. 2001..To explore the association at different time points in the trajectory of breast cancer care, between anxiety, knowledge, and attitudes, on women's willingness to participate in randomized clinical trials...
- Informing breast cancer patients about clinical trials: a randomized clinical trial of an educational bookletP M Ellis
Medical Oncologist Hamilton Regional Cancer Center, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ann Oncol 13:1414-23. 2002..To evaluate the impact of an educational booklet on women's knowledge of and willingness to participate in a randomized clinical trial of treatment for breast cancer...
- Assessing outcomes of cancer care: lessons to be learned from a retrospective review of the management of small cell lung cancer at the Cancer Therapy Centre, Liverpool Hospital, January 1996-July 2000P M Ellis
Department of Medical Oncology, Liverpool Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 48:364-70. 2004..9 months (95%CI: 7.5-10.2) for ED. Some health outcomes similar to that reported in clinical trials can be achieved in clinical practice. Measuring health outcomes is an important process of maintaining quality of care...
- Second-line or subsequent systemic therapy for recurrent or progressive non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review and practice guidelineJ Noble
, Regional Cancer Program, Sudbury, ON, Canada
J Thorac Oncol 1:1042-58. 2006..CONCLUSION: Second-line or subsequent therapy with single-agent docetaxel, pemetrexed, or erlotinib offers patients a significant survival and QOL advantage...