Affiliation: McMaster University
- Veldhuizen S, Bedard C, Rodriguez C, Cairney J. Psychological distress and parent reporting on child health: The case of developmental delay. Res Dev Disabil. 2017;63:11-17 pubmed publisher..This translates into slightly reduced ASQ specificity but greatly improved sensitivity among caregivers with higher distress. At low to moderate levels of distress, greater distress is associated with greater ASQ accuracy. ..
- Cairney J, Missiuna C, Timmons B, Rodriguez C, Veldhuizen S, King Dowling S, et al. The Coordination and Activity Tracking in CHildren (CATCH) study: rationale and design. BMC Public Health. 2015;15:1266 pubmed publisher..The CATCH study will provide a clearer understanding of pathways between DCD and health-related fitness necessary to determine the types of interventions children with DCD require. ..
- Philips N, Chirico D, Cairney J, Hay J, Faught B, O Leary D. Arterial stiffness in children with and without probable developmental coordination disorder. Res Dev Disabil. 2016;59:138-146 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the importance of targeted interventions in children with p-DCD, specifically males, in order to prevent future cardiovascular risk. ..
- Cairney J, Veldhuizen S, King Dowling S, Faught B, Hay J. Tracking cardiorespiratory fitness and physical activity in children with and without motor coordination problems. J Sci Med Sport. 2017;20:380-385 pubmed publisher..The activity deficit did not contribute to the persistent and gradually widening gap in CRF between children with and without possible DCD. Possible reasons for this and future directions are discussed. ..
- Cairney J, Hay J, Veldhuizen S, Missiuna C, Faught B. Comparing probable case identification of developmental coordination disorder using the short form of the Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency and the Movement ABC. Child Care Health Dev. 2009;35:402-8 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to examine the sensitivity and specificity of the short form when used for this purpose. ..