Affiliation: McGill University
- [A gerontological network as an interface between healthcare professionals and homecare professionals]Véronique Ghadi
Laboratoire Santé Vieillissement, Université Versailles, Neuilly sur Marne, France
Sante Publique 23:317-28. 2011..In addition, although geriatricians are gaining in legitimacy, collaboration with general practitioners remains limited...
- Ten years of integrated care: backwards and forwards. The case of the province of Québec, CanadaIsabelle Vedel
Solidage McGill University Université de Montreal Research Group on Frailty and Aging, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Integr Care 11:e004. 2011..Efforts should focus on strengthening primary care by implementing nurse practitioners, developing a shared information system, and achieving better collaboration between primary and secondary care...
- A novel model of integrated care for the elderly: COPA, Coordination of Professional Care for the ElderlyIsabelle Vedel
Université de Versailles St Quentin, Laboratoire Santé Vieillissement, AP HP, Hopital Sainte Perine, Paris, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:414-23. 2009..Moreover, our results indicate that the level of service utilization in COPA was less than what is reported at the national level, without any compromises in quality of care...
- Healthcare professionals and managers' participation in developing an intervention: A pre-intervention study in the elderly care contextIsabelle Vedel
, , AP HP, , 49 rue Mirabeau 75016 Paris, France
Implement Sci 4:21. 2009..Further research will be needed in order to develop a more thorough understanding of the impacts of such strategies on the final outcomes of intervention implementations...
- Opening the black box of clinical collaboration in integrated care models for frail, elderly patientsMatthieu De Stampa
University of Versailles St Quentin, UPRES EA 2506 Santé Environnement Vieillissement Research Group, Sainte Perine Hospital, AP HP, 49 rue Mirabeau 75016, Paris, France
Gerontologist 53:313-25. 2013..The purpose of the study was to understand better the clinical collaboration process among primary care physicians (PCPs), case managers (CMs), and geriatricians in integrated models of care...
- Diffusion of a collaborative care model in primary care: a longitudinal qualitative studyIsabelle Vedel
SOLIDAGE, McGill University Université de Montréal Research Group on Frailty and Aging Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 14:3. 2013..The objectives of this study are to understand: (1) how the perceived characteristics of a CTM influenced clinicians' decision to adopt -or not- the model; and (2) the model's diffusion process...
- Diagnostic study, design and implementation of an integrated model of care in France: a bottom-up process with continuous leadershipMatthieu De Stampa
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Sainte Perine, Pole Ambulatoire Diagnostic et Intervention en Santé, 49 rue Mirabeau, 75781 Paris cedex 16, France
Int J Integr Care 10:e034. 2010..Sustaining integrated care is difficult, in large part because of problems encountered securing the participation of health care and social service professionals and, in particular, general practitioners (GPs)...
- Impact on hospital admissions of an integrated primary care model for very frail elderly patientsMatthieu De Stampa
University of Versailles St Quentin, EA 2506 Santé Environnement Vieillissement Research Group, Sainte Perine Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France Solidage Research Group on Frailty and Aging, McGill University University of Montreal, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 58:350-5. 2014..The COPA model improves the quality of care provided to very frail elderly patients by reducing unplanned hospitalizations and improving some health parameters. ..
- [Single entry point in a gerontological network for addressing the needs of older people]Matthieu De Stampa
Universite Versailles St Quentin, UPRES EA 2506 Laboratoire Santé Environnement Vieillissement, AP HP, Hopital Sainte Perine, Paris, France
Sante Publique 25:7-14. 2013..The purpose of this paper is to describe the relationships between institutional partners and their use of the single entry point in a gerontological network...
- Fostering participation of general practitioners in integrated health services networks: incentives, barriers, and guidelinesMatthieu De Stampa
University of Versailles St Quentin, Santé Vieillissement Laboratory, AP HP, Sainte Perine Hospital, Paris, France
BMC Health Serv Res 9:48. 2009..While the active participation of general practitioners (GPs) in integrated health services networks (IHSNs) plays a critical role in their success, little is known about the incentives and barriers to their actual participation...
- Patients', family caregivers', and professionals' perspectives on quality of palliative care: a qualitative studyIsabelle Vedel
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Family Medicine, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Palliat Med 28:1128-38. 2014....
- Healthcare professionals' adoption and use of a clinical information system (CIS) in primary care: insights from the Da Vinci studyIsabelle Vedel
SOLIDAGE, Lady Davis Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Med Inform 81:73-87. 2012..However, despite the expected benefits, evidence suggests generally low rates of CIS adoption. To optimize adoption in PC settings, a better understanding of the implementation process of such systems is crucial...
- Health information technologies in geriatrics and gerontology: a mixed systematic reviewIsabelle Vedel
Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Solidage Research Group on Frailty and Aging, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:1109-19. 2013..To review, categorize, and synthesize findings from the literature about the application of health information technologies in geriatrics and gerontology (GGHIT)...
- Barriers to implementation of case management for patients with dementia: a systematic mixed studies reviewVladimir Khanassov
Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Ann Fam Med 12:456-65. 2014..Our objective was to identify the relationships between key outcomes of case management and barriers to implementation...
- Multidisciplinary teams of case managers in the implementation of an innovative integrated services delivery for the elderly in FranceMatthieu De Stampa
Universite Versailles St Quentin, EA 2506 laboratoire santé environnement vieillissement, AP HP, Hospitalisation à Domicile HAD, 14 rue Vésale, 75005 Paris, France
BMC Health Serv Res 14:159. 2014....
- The IT productivity paradox in health: a stakeholder's perspectiveLiette Lapointe
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, 1001 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1G5
Int J Med Inform 80:102-15. 2011..Using theories that can help make sense of these contradictions, we propose a new framework to assess the actual impacts of health information technology (HIT) implementation...
- Are non-attenders a concern for primary care practice?Vladimir Khanassov
Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, 517 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1S4, Canada
Isr J Health Policy Res 2:13. 2013..g., osteoporosis prevention, vaccination, lifestyle, etc.).This is a commentary on http://www.ijhpr.org/content/2/1/7...
- Case management for dementia in primary health care: a systematic mixed studies review based on the diffusion of innovation modelVladimir Khanassov
Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Clin Interv Aging 9:915-28. 2014..The purpose of this study was to examine factors associated with the implementation of case management (CM) interventions in primary health care (PHC) and to develop strategies to enhance its adoption by PHC practices...
- Gallstone disease in the elderly: are older patients managed differently?Simon Bergman
Department of Surgery, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Pavilion A 515, 3755 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1E2, Canada
Surg Endosc 25:55-61. 2011..This study aimed to describe the differences in the management of symptomatic gallstone disease within different elderly groups and to evaluate the association between older age and surgical treatment...