Affiliation: McGill University
- Transcriptional regulation of nonfermentable carbon utilization in budding yeastBernard Turcotte
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
FEMS Yeast Res 10:2-13. 2010..Finally, the role of additional regulators such as Adr1, Ert1, Oaf1, and Pip2 is also discussed...
- Oxidative stress-activated zinc cluster protein Stb5 has dual activator/repressor functions required for pentose phosphate pathway regulation and NADPH productionMarc Larochelle
Department of Medicine, Room H7 83, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Ave West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 26:6690-701. 2006..These data suggest that Stb5 is a key player in the control of NADPH production for resistance to oxidative stress...
- Complex interplay among regulators of drug resistance genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeBassel Akache
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:27855-60. 2004..Our data demonstrate a complex interplay among these activators and suggest that Pdr1p is a master drug regulator involved in recruiting other zinc cluster proteins to fine tune the regulation of multidrug resistance genes...
- Candida albicans zinc cluster protein Upc2p confers resistance to antifungal drugs and is an activator of ergosterol biosynthetic genesSarah MacPherson
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Ave. West, , , Canada H3A 1A1
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1745-52. 2005..These results provide an important link between changes in the ergosterol biosynthetic pathway and azole resistance in this opportunistic fungal species...
- Regulation of gluconeogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is mediated by activator and repressor functions of Rds2Nitnipa Soontorngun
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Mol Cell Biol 27:7895-905. 2007..Finally, we show that upon a shift to ethanol, Rds2 activation is correlated with its hyperphosphorylation by the Snf1 kinase. In summary, we have characterized Rds2 as a novel major regulator of gluconeogenesis...
- A fungal family of transcriptional regulators: the zinc cluster proteinsSarah MacPherson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, , , Canada H3A 1A
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 70:583-604. 2006..With the number of characterized zinc cluster proteins growing rapidly, it is becoming more and more apparent that they are important regulators of fungal physiology...
- New regulators of drug sensitivity in the family of yeast zinc cluster proteinsBassel Akache
Departments of Medicine, Biochemistry, and Microbiology and Immunology, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:21254-60. 2002..These results strongly suggest that Stb5p is a transcriptional activator of multidrug resistance genes. Thus, we have identified new regulators of drug sensitivity in the family of zinc cluster proteins...
- Yeast zinc cluster proteins Dal81 and Uga3 cooperate by targeting common coactivators for transcriptional activation of γ-aminobutyrate responsive genesMarc André Sylvain
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
Genetics 188:523-34. 2011..Thus, under artificial conditions, both Dal81 and Uga3 can activate transcription independently of each other. However, under physiological conditions, both factors cooperate by targeting common coactivators...
- New tools for phenotypic analysis in Candida albicans: the WAR1 gene confers resistance to sorbateKarine Lebel
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Yeast 23:249-59. 2006..albicans orf19.1035 gene results in sensitivity to the weak acid sorbate, while its overexpression increases resistance to this compound. We named it WAR1, in analogy to its S. cerevisiae orthologue...
- Motor protein Myo5p is required to maintain the regulatory circuit controlling WOR1 expression in Candida albicansNadezda Kachurina
Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eukaryot Cell 11:626-37. 2012..It appears that while myosin I is not directly required for mating in C. albicans, it is involved in WOR1 expression and the white-opaque transition and thus is indirectly implicated in mating...
- Large-scale analysis of genes that alter sensitivity to the anticancer drug tirapazamine in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKaren Hellauer
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Avenue West, , , Canada H3A 1A1
Mol Pharmacol 68:1365-75. 2005..This suggests that permeases may be involved in intracellular uptake of TPZ. Our discoveries in yeast may lead to a better understanding of TPZ biology in humans...
- Zinc cluster protein Rdr1p is a transcriptional repressor of the PDR5 gene encoding a multidrug transporterKaren Hellauer
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:17671-6. 2002..Moreover, mutations known to reduce binding of Pdr1/Pdr3p abolished the induction observed in the Deltardr1 strain. Thus, we have identified a transcriptional repressor involved in the control of multidrug resistance...