Jose G Teodoro
Affiliation: McGill University
- Targeting the anaphase promoting complex: common pathways for viral infection and cancer therapyLinda Smolders
McGill University, Goodman Cancer Research Centre, Department of Biochemistry, 1160 Pine Avenue West, Room 616, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A3, Canada
Expert Opin Ther Targets 15:767-80. 2011..Tumour cells display greater dependency on APC/C function than normal cells and oncogenic transformation can lead to increased mitotic stress, rendering cancer cells more vulnerable to APC/C inhibition...
- DNA damage response signaling triggers nuclear localization of the chicken anemia virus protein ApoptinThomas J Kucharski
Goodman Cancer Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1A3
J Virol 85:12638-49. 2011..We observe that Apoptin is able to inhibit formation of DNA damage foci by targeting the APC/C-associated factor MDC1 for degradation. We suggest that these results may point to a novel mechanism of DDR inhibition during viral infection...
- Inhibition of tumor angiogenesis by p53: a new role for the guardian of the genomeJose G Teodoro
McGill Cancer Centre, Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:1175-86. 2007..Thus, the loss of functional p53 during tumorigenesis likely represents an essential step in the switch to an angiogenic phenotype that is displayed by aggressive tumors...
- p53 inhibits angiogenesis by inducing the production of ArrestenSarah Assadian
Goodman Cancer Research Center, Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 72:1270-9. 2012..Our findings, therefore, link the production of Arresten to the p53 tumor suppressor pathway and show a novel mechanism through which p53 can inhibit angiogenesis...
- Localization and importance of the adenovirus E4orf4 protein during lytic infectionMarie Joëlle Miron
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Virol 83:1689-99. 2009....
- Antitumor activity and mechanism of action of the cyclopenta[b]benzofuran, silvestrolRegina Cencic
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e5223. 2009..One flavagline, silvestrol, is capable of modulating chemosensitivity in a mechanism-based mouse model...
- Regulation of collagen-derived antiangiogenic factors by p53Sarah Assadian
McGill University, McGill Cancer Center, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, QC, Canada
Expert Opin Biol Ther 8:941-50. 2008..This effect is partly mediated by the ability of p53 to increase production of endogenous angiogenesis inhibitors, such as the collagen-derived antiangiogenic factors (CDAFs), endostatin and tumstatin...
- p53-mediated inhibition of angiogenesis through up-regulation of a collagen prolyl hydroxylaseJose G Teodoro
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Programs in Gene Function and Expression and Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Science 313:968-71. 2006..Our results reveal a genetic and biochemical linkage between the p53 tumor suppressor pathway and the synthesis of antiangiogenic collagen fragments...