Affiliation: McGill University
- Mekhail M, Almazan G, Tabrizian M. Purine-crosslinked injectable chitosan sponges promote oligodendrocyte progenitor cells' attachment and differentiation. Biomater Sci. 2015;3:279-87 pubmed publisher..These findings, along with the suitable physicochemical and biological properties, make these sponges conducive to use as viable therapeutic agents for enhancing remyelination post-SCI. ..
- Mekhail M, Jahan K, Tabrizian M. Genipin-crosslinked chitosan/poly-L-lysine gels promote fibroblast adhesion and proliferation. Carbohydr Polym. 2014;108:91-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cell viability was significantly improved by 1.6 times on 60:40 gels, and 6.5 times on 50:50 gels after crosslinking. Finally, proliferation was enhanced up to 5 times on 60:40 gels. ..
- Heileman K, Daoud J, Tabrizian M. Elaboration of a finite element model of pancreatic islet dielectric response to gap junction expression and insulin release. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;148:474-480 pubmed publisher..Since the progression of diabetes has some connections with dysfunctional islet gap junctions and insulin secretion, the ability to monitor these islet features with dielectric spectroscopy would benefit diabetes research. ..
- Heileman K, Tabrizian M. Dielectric spectroscopy platform to measure MCF10A epithelial cell aggregation as a model for spheroidal cell cluster analysis. Analyst. 2017;142:1601-1607 pubmed publisher..This platform could yield many applications for studying the electrophysiological activity of cell aggregates. ..
- Tabrizian M. Expression of Concern: Nanodimensional and Nanocrystalline Apatites and Other Calcium Orthophosphates in Biomedical Engineering, Biology and Medicine. Materials 2009, 2, 1975-2045. Materials (Basel). 2016;9: pubmed publisher..We wish to make readers aware that the text in the published paper  contains substantial overlap with a previous paper by the same author .[...]. ..
- ..i>Materials instituted an annual award in order to acknowledge outstanding papers in the area of materials science and engineering published in Materials. [...]. ..
- Tabrizian M, Han O. Materials Best Paper Award 2013. Materials (Basel). 2013;6:609-611 pubmed publisher..We are pleased to announce the first "Materials Best Paper Award" for 2013. Nominations were selected by the Section Editor-in-Chiefs and Editorial Board members of Materials from all papers published in 2009. [...]. ..