Affiliation: McGill University
- Own-sex effects in emotional memory for facesJorge L Armony
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Neurosci Lett 426:1-5. 2007..These results confirm the existence of sex differences in amygdala lateralization in emotional memory but also demonstrate a subtle relationship between the observer and the stimulus in this process...
- A process-specific functional dissociation of the amygdala in emotional memoryKarine Sergerie
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cogn Neurosci 18:1359-67. 2006..Thus, this study demonstrates a hemispheric dissociation of amygdala involvement in different stages of emotional memory in humans...
- Influence of emotional expression on memory recognition bias: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyKarine Sergerie
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 62:1126-33. 2007..Here we investigated the behavioral and neural-related modulation of response bias by emotion...
- The role of the amygdala in emotional processing: a quantitative meta-analysis of functional neuroimaging studiesKarine Sergerie
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 32:811-30. 2008..Taken together, results from this meta-analysis shed new light on several of the models proposed in the literature regarding the neural basis of emotional processing...
- Influence of emotional expression on memory recognition bias in schizophrenia as revealed by fMRIKarine Sergerie
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Schizophr Bull 36:800-10. 2010..This study demonstrates that, despite an overall lower memory accuracy, emotional memory is intact in schizophrenia, although emotion-specific differences in brain activation exist, possibly reflecting different strategies...
- Relation between emotional face memory and social anhedonia in schizophreniaPhilippe Olivier Harvey
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Psychiatry Neurosci 34:102-10. 2009..We explored potential links between emotional memory and social anhedonia severity in patients with schizophrenia and in healthy individuals...
- Cortical thickness is associated with poor insight in first-episode psychosisLisa Buchy
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
J Psychiatr Res 45:781-7. 2011....
- A face to remember: emotional expression modulates prefrontal activity during memory formationKarine Sergerie
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuroimage 24:580-5. 2005..This study sheds new light on the current controversy regarding the hemispheric lateralization of PFC in memory encoding...
- Episodic memory bias and the symptoms of schizophreniaMartin Lepage
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 52:702-9. 2007..Memory measures sensitive to such biases may turn out to be stronger predictors of clinical and functional outcome...