J P Routy
Affiliation: McGill University
- The role of extended-release niacin on immune activation and neurocognition in HIV-infected patients treated with antiretroviral therapy - CTN PT006: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialBertrand Lebouché
Chronic Viral Illness Service, Montreal Chest Institute, McGill University Health Centre, 3650 Saint Urbain St, Montreal, QC H2X 2P4, Canada
Trials 15:390. 2014....
- HIV Nef and Vpu protect HIV-infected CD4+ T cells from antibody-mediated cell lysis through down-modulation of CD4 and BST2Tram N Q Pham
Laboratory of Human Retrovirology, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal H2W 1R7, Quebec, Canada
Retrovirology 11:15. 2014..Given that epitopes which are specific for ADCC-competent anti-HIV antibodies are transitionally exposed upon CD4-mediated HIV entry, we investigated whether by depleting CD4 and BST2, HIV could negatively affect ADCC function...
- Transcriptional profiling reveals molecular signatures associated with HIV permissiveness in Th1Th17 cells and identifies peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma as an intrinsic negative regulator of viral replicationAnnie Bernier
Department of Microbiology, Infectiology, and Immunology, Universite de Montreal, Faculty of Medicine, Montreal Quebec, Canada
Retrovirology 10:160. 2013..We previously demonstrated that primary Th1Th17 cells are highly permissive to HIV-1, whereas Th1 cells are relatively resistant. Molecular mechanisms underlying these differences remain unknown...
- Temporal effect of HLA-B*57 on viral control during primary HIV-1 infectionSagar A Vaidya
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Retrovirology 10:139. 2013..This study sought to determine the role of HLA-B alleles in viral control during the acute phase of HIV-1 infection and establishment of the early viral load set point (VLSP)...
- The PKR activator, PACT, becomes a PKR inhibitor during HIV-1 replicationGuerline Clerzius
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, 3999 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC H3T 1E2, Canada
Retrovirology 10:96. 2013..The regulation of this activation is due to a combination of viral and cellular factors that have been only partially identified...
- Regulatory T cells in HIV infection: can immunotherapy regulate the regulator?Mohammad Ali Jenabian
Chronic Viral Illnesses Service, McGill University Health Centre, 3650 St Urbain Street, Montreal, QC, Canada H2X 2P4
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:908314. 2012..However, such approaches require a better understanding of the time upon infection when interfering with Treg function may not cause a deleterious state of hyperimmune activation...
- Distinct tryptophan catabolism and Th17/Treg balance in HIV progressors and elite controllersMohammad Ali Jenabian
Chronic Viral Illness Service, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Research Institute, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e78146. 2013..These results suggest a distinctive Trp catabolism and Th17/Treg balance in HIV progressors and EC. Thus, IDO-induced immune-metabolism may be considered as a new inflammation-related marker for HIV-1 disease progression. ..
- Design and implementation of a randomized crossover study of valproic acid and antiretroviral therapy to reduce the HIV reservoirJ P Routy
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
HIV Clin Trials 13:301-7. 2012..Previous pilot studies using VPA have showed conflicting results on the ability of VPA to reduce the size of HIV reservoirs...
- Valproic acid in association with highly active antiretroviral therapy for reducing systemic HIV-1 reservoirs: results from a multicentre randomized clinical studyJ P Routy
Division of Hematology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
HIV Med 13:291-6. 2012..In a randomized multicentre, cross-over study, we assessed whether adding VPA to stable HAART could potentially reduce the size of the latent viral reservoir in CD4 T cells of chronically infected patients...
- Assessing risk of a short-term antiretroviral therapy discontinuation as a read-out of viral control in immune-based therapyJ P Routy
Chronic Viral Illness Service and Division of Hematology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Med Virol 84:885-9. 2012....
- Influence of RANTES, SDF-1 and TGF-beta levels on the value of interleukin-7 as a predictor of virological response in HIV-1-infected patients receiving double boosted protease inhibitor-based therapyM R Boulassel
Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
HIV Med 6:268-77. 2005..Here, we examine associations among circulating levels of IL-7, RANTES, SDF-1 and TGF-beta in hopes of gaining insight into their contribution to the predictive value of IL-7...
- Episomal and integrated human papillomavirus type 16 loads and anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-seropositive menJennifer Alvarez
Départements de Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Pathologie, et Laboratoire de Virologie Moléculaire, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS 24:2355-63. 2010....
- Effects of drug resistance on viral load in patients failing antiretroviral therapyN Machouf
Clinique Médicale l Actuel, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Med Virol 78:608-13. 2006..Together, these findings suggest that long-term maintenance of a sub-optimal antiretroviral regimen may have deleterious consequences for the patient...
- Persistent human immunodeficiency virus-1 antigenaemia affects the expression of interleukin-7Ralpha on central and effector memory CD4+ and CD8+ T cell subsetsF Mercier
Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Exp Immunol 152:72-80. 2008..Collectively, these results provide further insight on the role of unsuppressed viral load in disrupting the IL-7/IL-7Ralpha system and contributing to HIV-1 disease progression...
- A novel and simplified method of culture of human blood-derived early endothelial progenitor cells for the treatment of ischemic vascular diseaseM Bouchentouf
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Transplant 20:1431-43. 2011....
- Improvement of HIV-specific immunity in HIV-infected twins treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy, interleukin 2, and syngeneic adoptively transferred cellsC M Tsoukas
Immunodeficiency Treatment Centre, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 17:887-900. 2001....
- Comparison of clinical features of acute HIV-1 infection in patients infected sexually or through injection drug use. The Investigators of the Québec Primary HIV Infection StudyJ P Routy
McGill University Health Centre, McGill AIDS Centre, and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 24:425-32. 2000..Our study results clearly indicate that health care workers can expect similar clinical presentation of AHI in MSM and in IDUs despite the different routes of infection...
- Changes in immunological and virological parameters in HIV-1 infected subjects following leukapheresisM R Boulassel
Immunodeficiency Service, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Apher 18:55-60. 2003..We conclude that leukapheresis in HIV-1 infected subjects with CD4(+) cell counts >200 x 10(6)/l is safe and induces a transient increase in the absolute and percentage of CD4(+) cell count without enhancing viral replication...
- Longitudinal assessment of changes in HIV-specific effector activity in HIV-infected patients starting highly active antiretroviral therapy in primary infectionG Alter
McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 171:477-88. 2003..Our results show that HIV-specific immunity can be preserved even if HAART is initiated beyond the acute phase of infection...
- Interleukin-7 levels may predict virological response in advanced HIV-1-infected patients receiving lopinavir/ritonavir-based therapyM R Boulassel
Immunodeficiency Service Division of Hematology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
HIV Med 4:315-20. 2003....
- Plasmapheresis in the treatment of an acute pancreatitis due to protease inhibitor-induced hypertriglyceridemiaJ P Routy
Division of Hematology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, USA
J Clin Apher 16:157-9. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first case of pancreatitis due to a PI-induced hyperlipidemia in a HIV-patient treated with plasmapheresis in an acute setting...
- Assessment of chloroquine as a modulator of immune activation to improve CD4 recovery in immune nonresponding HIV-infected patients receiving antiretroviral therapyJ P Routy
Chronic Viral Illness Service, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada Research Institute of McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada Division of Hematology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
HIV Med 16:48-56. 2015..The effect of CQ on CD4 T-cell recovery and immune activation in immune nonresponding patients receiving successful ART was therefore studied...
- Early lymphocyte recovery following autologous peripheral stem cell transplantation is associated with better survival in younger patients with lymphoproliferative disordersM R Boulassel
Division of Hematology, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Que, H3A 1A1 Canada
Hematology 11:165-70. 2006..A shorter time from diagnosis to APSCT may favor recovery of ALC independent of the infused stem cell or lymphocyte doses...
- Rationale for maintenance of the M184v resistance mutation in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase in treatment experienced patientsD Turner
McGill University AIDS Centre, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
New Microbiol 27:31-9. 2004..Collectively, these factors might explain the residual antiviral effect and clinical benefit observed with continued use of 3TC in combination therapy regimens following the emergence of M184V...
- Prevalence, clearance, and incidence of anal human papillomavirus infection in HIV-infected men: the HIPVIRG cohort studyAlexandra de Pokomandy
Departement De Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Hôpital Notre Dame du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, département de médecine familiale, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Infect Dis 199:965-73. 2009..This study was conducted to better understand the natural history of type-specific HPV infection in the anus...
- Monocyte derivatives promote angiogenesis and myocyte survival in a model of myocardial infarctionM Bouchentouf
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Transplant 19:369-86. 2010..Transplanted MDs and their secretome participate in preserving functional myocardium after ischemic insult and attenuate pathological remodeling...