Christian M Rochefort
Affiliation: McGill University
- Using novel Canadian resources to improve medication reconciliation at discharge: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialRobyn Tamblyn
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, 1020 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC H3A 1A2, Canada
Trials 13:150. 2012..An electronically enabled discharge reconciliation process represents an innovative approach to this problem...
- Patient and nurse staffing characteristics associated with high sitter use costsChristian M Rochefort
Clinical and Health Informatics Research Group, Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University and McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Adv Nurs 68:1758-67. 2012..This paper is a report of a study of the relationships between patient health conditions, nurse staffing characteristics and high sitter use costs...
- What differentiates primary care physicians who predominantly prescribe diuretics for treating mild to moderate hypertension from those who do not? A comparative qualitative studyChristian M Rochefort
Clinical and Health Informatics Research Group, Department of Medicine, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University and McGill University Health Center, 1140 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC, H3A 1A3, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 13:9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to describe the characteristics of physicians' decision-making process regarding hypertension treatment choices...
- Nurses' work environments, care rationing, job outcomes, and quality of care on neonatal unitsChristian M Rochefort
McGill University McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Adv Nurs 66:2213-24. 2010..This paper is a report of a study of the relationship between work environment characteristics and neonatal intensive care unit nurses' perceptions of care rationing, job outcomes, and quality of care...
- Forcing the system: a configuration analysis of a regionalized neonatal-perinatal health networkChristian M Rochefort
Clinical and Health Informatics Research Group, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Health Care Manage Rev 36:241-51. 2011..However, more empirical information is needed on the workings of health networks and on how their structures, processes, and systems influence access to high-quality patient care...
- Registered nurses' job demands in relation to sitter use: nested case-control studyChristian M Rochefort
Clinical and Health Informatics Research Group, Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nurs Res 60:221-30. 2011..At the same time, there has been an increase in hospitals' use of patient sitters (i.e., unskilled attendants), but it is not known if these two changes are correlated...
- Estimating the information gap between emergency department records of community medication compared to on-line access to the community-based pharmacy recordsRobyn Tamblyn
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Am Med Inform Assoc 21:391-8. 2014..The objectives of this study were to estimate the extent to which access to community-based pharmacy records provided more information about prescription drug use than conventional medication histories...
- Accuracy of prospective space-time surveillance in detecting tuberculosis transmissionAman Verma
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, 1140 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A3, Canada Electronic address
Spat Spatiotemporal Epidemiol 8:47-54. 2014..We found evidence that prospective space-time surveillance for TB leads to a high false alarm rate, limiting its practical utility in settings with TB epidemiology similar to Montreal...
- Medication-related falls in the elderly: causative factors and preventive strategiesAllen R Huang
Division of Geriatric Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Drugs Aging 29:359-76. 2012..Computer-assisted alerts coupled with electronic prescribing tools are a promising approach to lowering the risk of falls as the use of information technologies expands within healthcare...