Genomes and Genes
Jennifer F Raven
Affiliation: McGill University
- PERK and PKR: old kinases learn new tricksJennifer F Raven
Division of Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University and Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Cycle 7:1146-50. 2008..This novel function may allow the eIF2alpha kinases to affect a larger number of cellular processes than previously believed...
- PKR and PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase induce the proteasome-dependent degradation of cyclin D1 via a mechanism requiring eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha phosphorylationJennifer F Raven
Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1S6, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:3097-108. 2008....
- STAT1 represses Skp2 gene transcription to promote p27Kip1 stabilization in Ras-transformed cellsShuo Wang
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Room 508, 3999 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1E2
Mol Cancer Res 8:798-805. 2010..Our study identifies Skp2 as a new target gene of STAT1 in Ras-transformed cells with profound implications in cell transformation and tumorigenesis...
- The eIF2alpha kinases inhibit vesicular stomatitis virus replication independently of eIF2alpha phosphorylationJothilatha Krishnamoorthy
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Cycle 7:2346-51. 2008..Thus, the anti-viral properties of eIF2alpha kinases are not always related to their inhibitory effects on host protein synthesis as previously thought and are possibly mediated by phosphorylation of proteins other than eIF2alpha...
- Interferons induce tyrosine phosphorylation of the eIF2alpha kinase PKR through activation of Jak1 and Tyk2Qiaozhu Su
Lady Davis Institute, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, 3999 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO Rep 8:265-70. 2007..We conclude that PKR tyrosine phosphorylation provides an important link between IFN signalling and translational control through the regulation of eIF2alpha phosphorylation...
- Stat1 phosphorylation determines Ras oncogenicity by regulating p27 kip1Shuo Wang
Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e3476. 2008....
- Stat1 is a suppressor of ErbB2/Neu-mediated cellular transformation and mouse mammary gland tumor formationJennifer F Raven
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Cycle 10:794-804. 2011..Our data reveal a previous uncharacterized anti-tumor activity of Stat1 in ErbB2/Neu-mediated cell transformation and breast oncogenesis with possible implications in the diagnosis and treatment of ErbB2-positive breast cancers...
- The catalytic activity of the eukaryotic initiation factor-2alpha kinase PKR is required to negatively regulate Stat1 and Stat3 via activation of the T-cell protein-tyrosine phosphataseShuo Wang
Department of Oncology, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:9439-49. 2006..These data reveal a novel function of PKR as a negative regulator of Stat1 and Stat3 with important implications in cell signaling...
- A novel function of eIF2alpha kinases as inducers of the phosphoinositide-3 kinase signaling pathwayShirin Kazemi
Lady Davis Institute, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
Mol Biol Cell 18:3635-44. 2007..Our data reveal a novel property of eIF2alpha kinases as activators of PI3K signaling and cell survival...