Affiliation: McGill University
- Locoregional radiation therapy in patients with high-risk breast cancer receiving adjuvant chemotherapy: 20-year results of the British Columbia randomized trialJoseph Ragaz
McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Ave, Montreal, PQ, Canada H3A 1A1
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:116-26. 2005..We report the analysis of data from the 20-year follow-up...
- The ratio of positive to excised nodes identifies high-risk subsets and reduces inter-institutional differences in locoregional recurrence risk estimates in breast cancer patients with 1-3 positive nodes: an analysis of prospective data from British ColumPauline T Truong
Department of Radiation Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Island Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Victoria, BC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:59-65. 2007....
- Increased use of adjuvant regional radiotherapy for node-positive breast cancer in British ColumbiaBoon Chua
Radiation Therapy and Systemic Therapy Programs, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Island Center, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Breast J 10:38-44. 2004..001 for both). Publication of randomized trials and a coordinated guideline implementation process in British Columbia was associated with a significant increase in the use of regional RT in women with one to three positive nodes...
- Bcl-2 is a prognostic marker in breast cancer independently of the Nottingham Prognostic IndexGrace M Callagy
Cancer Genomics Program, Department of Oncology, Hutchison Medical Research Council Research Centre, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:2468-75. 2006..We validated the results in an independent series. Experimental Design and..
- Immunohistochemical and clinical characterization of the basal-like subtype of invasive breast carcinomaTorsten O Nielsen
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 10:5367-74. 2004..These studies show that many basal-like tumors express HER1, which suggests candidate drugs for evaluation in these patients...
- Therapeutic strategies using the aromatase inhibitor letrozole and tamoxifen in a breast cancer modelBrian J Long
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Health Sciences Facility, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:456-65. 2004..However, further studies are needed to determine the most effective second-line therapy for tumors that progress on letrozole...
- Dose density by any other nameWilliam Hryniuk
J Clin Oncol 22:750-1; author reply 751-3. 2004
- Expression of the insulin-like growth factor I receptor and urokinase plasminogen activator in breast cancer is associated with poor survival: potential for intervention with 17-allylamino geldanamycinTorsten O Nielsen
British Columbia Research Institute for Children's and Women's Health, Department of Pediatrics, Laboratory for Oncogenomic Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
Cancer Res 64:286-91. 2004..Thus, our study raises the possibility that 17AAG could prove to be an effective therapeutic agent for a large number of breast cancer patients by inhibiting the IGF-IR and ultimately uPA...
- EMSY links the BRCA2 pathway to sporadic breast and ovarian cancerLuke Hughes-Davies
Cancer Research UK Wellcome Trust Institute and Department of Pathology, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Cell 115:523-35. 2003..The remarkable clinical overlap between sporadic EMSY amplification and familial BRCA2 deletion implicates a BRCA2 pathway in sporadic breast and ovarian cancer...
- Benefit of Paclitaxel in estrogen receptor-negative versus estrogen receptor-positive early breast cancerCicely Bryce
J Clin Oncol 21:4465; author reply 4465-6. 2003
- Long-term survival of patients with supraclavicular metastases at diagnosis of breast cancerIvo A Olivotto
Breast Cancer Outcomes Unit, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 21:851-4. 2003....