Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: McGill University
- Function and comorbidities of apolipoprotein e in Alzheimer's diseaseValerie Leduc
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Perry Pavilion, E 3207 1, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Verdun, QC, Canada H4H1R3
Int J Alzheimers Dis 2011:974361. 2011....
- Pharmacogenetic analysis of the effects of polymorphisms in APOE, IDE and IL1B on a ketone body based therapeutic on cognition in mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease; a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studySamuel T Henderson
Accera Inc, Broomfield, CO 80021, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:137. 2011..To examine the effect of genetic variation in APOE, IDE and IL1B on the response to induced ketosis in the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale-Cognitive subscale (ADAS-Cog) in subjects with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Double-blind, vehicle-controlled randomized twelve-month neurodevelopmental toxicity study of common aluminum salts in the ratJ Poirier
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Verdun, QC, H4H 1R3, Canada
Neuroscience 193:338-62. 2011....
- Apolipoprotein E, cholesterol transport and synthesis in sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseJudes Poirier
Centre for Studies in Aging, McGill University, Douglas Hospital, 6825 Lasalle, Verdun, Que, H4H 1R3, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 26:355-61. 2005....
- Apolipoprotein E represents a potent gene-based therapeutic target for the treatment of sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseJudes Poirier
McGill Centre for Studies in Aging and Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Alzheimers Dement 4:S91-7. 2008
- Apolipoprotein E and cholesterol metabolism in the pathogenesis and treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseJudes Poirier
McGill Centre for Studies in Aging, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6825 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Trends Mol Med 9:94-101. 2003....
- Motor system alterations in retired former athletes: the role of aging and concussion historyLouis De Beaumont
Centre de Recherche en Neuropsychologie et Cognition CERNEC, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
BMC Neurol 13:109. 2013..The present study investigated the effects of aging on motor system metabolism and function in former university-level athletes who sustained their last concussion several decades prior to testing...
- A polymorphism in lipoprotein lipase affects the severity of Alzheimer's disease pathophysiologyJean Francois Blain
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 24:1245-51. 2006....
- Involvement of paraoxonase 1 genetic variants in Alzheimer's disease neuropathologyValerie Leduc
Neuroscience Division, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Perry Pavilion E 3207 1, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec H4H1R3, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 30:1823-30. 2009..001) and choline acetyltransferase activity (P < 0.05) in, respectively, two of two, five of six, and three of six brain areas. These results suggest an involvement of the PON1 gene in AD etiopathology and responses to treatment...
- Altered declarative memory in introverted middle-aged adults carrying the BDNF val66met alleleLouis De Beaumont
Department of Psychology, University of Quebec at Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
Behav Brain Res 253:152-6. 2013..Here, we examine the potential relationship between the BDNFMet allele, introversion and declarative memory in middle-age adults...
- APOE and cholesterol homeostasis in Alzheimer's diseaseValerie Leduc
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 Lasalle, Montreal Verdun, Quebec, H4H 1R3, Canada
Trends Mol Med 16:469-77. 2010....
- Sports concussions and aging: a neuroimaging investigationSebastien Tremblay
Centre de Recherche en Neuropsychologie et Cognition, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Cereb Cortex 23:1159-66. 2013..Findings from this study highlight patterns of decline often associated with abnormal aging...
- A deficit in astroglial organization causes the impaired reactive sprouting in human apolipoprotein E4 targeted replacement miceJean Francois Blain
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 2B4
Neurobiol Dis 21:505-14. 2006..ApoE and beta-amyloid (Abeta) 1-40 accumulated at 30 DPL in hE4 mice. These results suggest that the presence of apoE4 delays the astroglial repair process and indirectly compromises synaptic remodeling...
- A role for caveolin-1 in post-injury reactive neuronal plasticitySophie B Gaudreault
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Neurological Sciences Department, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Neurochem 92:831-9. 2005..Altogether, these results indicate that caveolin-1 plays an active role in the regulation of injury-induced synaptic and terminal remodeling in the adult CNS...
- Normalization of gene expression using SYBR green qPCR: a case for paraoxonase 1 and 2 in Alzheimer's disease brainsValerie Leduc
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Verdun, QC H4H1R3, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 200:14-9. 2011..The use of a computational method allowing the inclusion of possible confounding factors is thus recommended for the analysis of data...
- Altered bidirectional plasticity and reduced implicit motor learning in concussed athletesLouis De Beaumont
Centre de Recherche en Neuropsychologie et Cognition CERNEC, Department of Psychology Université de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cereb Cortex 22:112-21. 2012....
- The apoE receptor apoER2 is involved in the maintenance of efficient synaptic plasticityCaroline Petit-Turcotte
Douglas Hospital Research Center, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Que, Canada H4H 1R3
Neurobiol Aging 26:195-206. 2005..The results suggest a significant role for apoER2 in signalling various proteins in response to massive deafferentation and may participate in maintaining efficient synaptic plasticity and dendritic remodelling...
- Polymorphisms at the paraoxonase 1 L55M and Q192R loci affect the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease: emphasis on the cholinergic system and beta-amyloid levelsValerie Leduc
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Verdun, Que, Canada
Neurodegener Dis 5:225-7. 2008..Recent studies have shown that polymorphisms at the PON1 L55M and Q192R loci might affect individual susceptibility to experience-derived and environmental events such as the exposure to inhibitors of cholinesterase (ChEIs)...
- Cholesterol homeostasis and the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's diseaseJean Francois Blain
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, H4H 1R3, Canada
Expert Rev Neurother 4:823-9. 2004....
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines modulate glial apolipoprotein E secretionRosanne Aleong
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:33-7. 2008..These results are consistent with the notion that elevated cytokine expression directly modulates immunosuppression and indirectly apoE-mediated neuronal remodeling...
- Differential regulation of ABCA1 and ABCG1 gene expressions in the remodeling mouse hippocampus after entorhinal cortex lesion and liver-X receptor agonist treatmentStephanie Belanger Jasmin
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 2B4 Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Brain Res 1562:39-51. 2014..Further, TO901317-induced up-regulation of ABCA1 appears to be more beneficial in a prevention (pre-lesion) than rescue (post-lesion) treatment; both findings support a central role for ABC transporters in brain plasticity. ..
- Acute and long-term associations between ApoE genetic polymorphism, cortisol levels, and declarative memory performance in older adultsAlexandra J Fiocco
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Montreal Verdun, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:625-33. 2008..To date, only one study has reported a relationship between APOE status and cortisol levels, however the relationship was only found to be significant in dementia patients, with a trend observed in healthy controls...
- Increased caveolin-1 expression in Alzheimer's disease brainSophie B Gaudreault
Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology and Neurosurgery, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada H4A 2B4
Neurobiol Aging 25:753-9. 2004..These results indicate that caveolin over-expression is linked to alterations of cholesterol distribution in the plasma membrane of brain cells and are consistent with the notion of a deterioration of cholesterol homeostasis in AD...
- Current and future management of Alzheimer's diseaseSerge Gauthier
McGill Center for Studies in Aging, Douglas Institute for Mental Health, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Alzheimers Dement 4:S48-50. 2008..There are multiple research opportunities for better understanding and treatment of this condition. Ongoing cohort studies developed under Leon Thal's leadership will facilitate this process...
- Could lipoprotein lipase play a role in Alzheimer's disease?Jean Francois Blain
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Verdun, Quebec, Canada
ScientificWorldJournal 4:531-5. 2004..This novel role could have implication for Alzheimer's disease treatment...
- A role for lipoprotein lipase during synaptic remodeling in the adult mouse brainJean Francois Blain
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Neurobiol Dis 15:510-9. 2004..These results suggest that LPL is involved in the recycling of cholesterol and lipids released from degenerating terminals after a lesion through a syndecan-4-dependent pathway...
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs mediate increased in vitro glial expression of apolipoprotein E proteinRosanne Aleong
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 18:1428-38. 2003..Consequently, NSAID-induced increases in apoE protein may enhance apoE-mediated immunosuppression and compensatory synaptic plasticity, potentially resulting in decreased AD risk and delay of disease onset...
- The absence of ABCA1 decreases soluble ApoE levels but does not diminish amyloid deposition in two murine models of Alzheimer diseaseVeronica Hirsch-Reinshagen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V4Z 5H5, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:43243-56. 2005..These data suggested that ABCA1-mediated effects on apoE levels and lipidation influenced amyloidogenesis in vivo...
- ABCG1 influences the brain cholesterol biosynthetic pathway but does not affect amyloid precursor protein or apolipoprotein E metabolism in vivoBraydon L Burgess
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Lipid Res 49:1254-67. 2008....
- Influence of the apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele on human embryonic developmentHenrik Zetterberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 324:189-92. 2002..005), suggesting that epsilon4 may have protective effects during embryogenesis. These protective effects might counterbalance the deleterious age-related effects of the epsilon4 allele in natural selection...